cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OBYP settings required?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am going to do the OBYP settings for F.19 for one of our client. I have certain Questions regarding this and your help is required to clear my doubts.

1. I am assigning recon ac as "GR/IR clearing account(211200)" and for "Ajdustment account" i have created one GL account named(GR/IR adjustment A/c)(211201) same in property like as post automatically and open item mgmt ticked. For Transaction 'BNG' i have created 'target account' as balancsheet ac on asset side(111022) named 'Goods Invoiced but not yet received' and for Transaction 'GNB' target account on liability side '211202 - Goods Received but not yet invoiced'.

Now Question is  - 

a) Are these target accounts as open item management ticked or not? and post automatically or not.

b) Is Target accounts needs to be mapped in Financial statement version?

2. Once i execute the F.19 and create the batch input session and execute, system will create two entries - first is debit the adjustment account and credit of target account and second is reversal of first entry(for given date) that is because of the invoiced with greater value.

Now Question is -

a) Can we not clear the GR/IR account for that date before going to create the FSV and reverse the entry after the reversal instead of going for adjustment account. i tried with giving the adjustment account as GR/IR clearing and try to post but system is not able to clear the original GR/IR account for extra amount.

Thanks in advance......

Thanks & Regards

Saurabh Saxena

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

suma_mani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Now Question is  -

a) Are these target accounts as open item management ticked or not? and post automatically or not :-  Both should have open items as well as post automatically in GL Master

b) Is Target accounts needs to be mapped in Financial statement version? See Goods Received but not invoiced means it is contingency liability & Both should be under FSV ( All GL's under working capital side)

2. Once i execute the F.19 and create the batch input session and execute, system will create two entries - first is debit the adjustment account and credit of target account and second is reversal of first entry(for given date) that is because of the invoiced with greater value.

Now Question is -

a) Can we not clear the GR/IR account for that date before going to create the FSV and reverse the entry after the reversal instead of going for adjustment account. i tried with giving the adjustment account as GR/IR clearing and try to post but system is not able to clear the original GR/IR account for extra amount.

There are 2 separate methods either you can shown the values through F.19 or You can clear the GRIR line items through F.13 and shown same balances as Contingency liabilities.

Rgds

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

Suppose GR i did for 1000 $, IR i did for 500 $ on 28.12.2011.

so if i check now the FSV, GR/IR account will show as 500-

after executing F.19 system will create two entries. 1. GR/IR adjustment account Dr 500 & Goods recvd but not invoiced yet 500 and the second entry will be the reverse on 02.01.2012 as i will give this date in f.19.

Now if i publish the FSV on 31.12.2011, system will show the below accounts on liability side

GR/IR                                      -500

GR/IR adjustment                      500

Goods revd but not invoiced       -500

so the balance again become 500(-), So can you please let me know what will be purpose of doing this at month end or year end.

also if can explain me the use of OBYP settings and f.19 at month and year end, that will be very helpful to me.

Thanks & regards

Soru

suma_mani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Subash,

Regrouping GR/IR Accounts

General Information

The report analyzes GR/IR clearing accounts on a specified key date and, if necessary, creates adjustment postings. These ensure that the following business transactions are reported correctly in the balance sheet:

• Goods that have been delivered but not yet invoiced
  • Goods that have been invoiced but not yet delivered

The report selects all the items in a GR/IR clearing account that are open on the specified key date. If the balance of the open items for each purchase order number and item is not zero in the house currency, adjustment postings for these items are included in a batch input session. For a credit balance, the transaction is considered as “delivered, not invoiced” and, for a debit balance, as “invoiced, not delivered”.

For more information, see the report documentation.

Purpose

You only have to regroup GR/IR clearing accounts when postings are carried out in SAP FI from the integrated SAP R/3 component SAP LO-MM.

When the MM component is used, items are posted to the GR/IR clearing account.

Example:

Goods receipt = Balance sheet account to GR/IR clearing

Invoice receipt = GR/IR clearing to vendor

In this way, the GR/IR account is cleared with the correct purchase order and value quantity once the goods receipt and invoice receipt have been posted.

Prerequisites

You require an account for adjustment postings so that you can make a transfer posting for the GR/IR clearing account transactions. You display this account in a balance sheet item along with the GR/IR clearing account. You require two additional accounts so that you can display the transactions that are “delivered, but not invoiced” and “invoiced, but not delivered” in the balance sheet.

Preparations for Regrouping

Before you can regroup the GR/IR accounts, you have to carry out the following steps:

Clarify differences in the GR/IR accounts

The system provides a report that displays the differences and enables you to clear them. This report is in the SAP R/3 component SAP LO-MM (for more information, see the Materials Management documentation). You should carry out this process on a regular basis and not just when you carry out closing operations.

Automatic Clearing of Open GR/IR Account Items

A further preparatory step involves clearing the items in the GR/IR account, which you can carry out using the automatic clearing program. The program uses the purchase order number and item to select and then clear the associated items. Before the system can do this, however, the differences in the GR/IR accounts must have been clarified.

Ref. SAP suggested link http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=f.19%20functionality%20in%20sap&source=web&cd=5&ved=0CEEQFj...

Rgds

Mani

Answers (0)