cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing Table Data to BRF+

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am developing a BRF+ appliction that takes table as input and is binded to DDIC. I tried calling the BRF+ application from CRM using a custom program and in the program I tried to set the context with table data, but it is not recognizing the table data. Can you please let me know if this is the right procedure  for passing table data to BRF+.

Thanks for all your help in advance.

Regards,

Agarwal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

i have a question related to BRF Plus management through abap program.

In brf plus application end, Field1,field2,field3 these 3 are importing parameters.

Table1->structure1->field4,field5 this is the table,with in one structure is there and 2 fields.

in my abap program, i am getting values of fields let us take field1,field2,field3,field4,field5.

And my question is

1) How to pass fields to BRF Plus application from abap program.

2)How to pass Table data to BRF Plus application from abap program.

3)How to pass Structure data to BRF Plus application from abap program.

4)How to get the result data from BRF Plus application to my abap program.

And finally , how to run FDT_TEMPLATE_FUNCTION_PROCESS.

How do i get the code automatically when calling the function in brf plus application.

Regards

venkata.

Former Member
0 Kudos

-Copy function id from BRFplus workbench (click on function & then expand General tab)

-Execute report from SE38 & paste function id.

-Copy generated code where you would like to trigger rule & supply context data wherever you get syntax error.

Regarding question 1-4, kindly spend some time on generated code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Code did not paste properly.So I am resending.. data: l_data type ref to data,      lt_sign type ztable,        lv_timestamp type timestamp,        wa_parm type abap_parmbind,        lt_parm type abap_parmbind_tab.          get reference of lt_sign  into l_data.  cl_fdt_function_process=>move_data_to_data_object( EXPORTING ir_data = l_data iv_function_id = ' ' IV_DATA_OBJECT = ' ' iv _timestamp  = lv_timestamp iv_trace_generation = abap_false iv_has_ddic_binding = abap_true IMPORTING er_data = wa_parm-value ). INSERT wa_parm INTO table lt_parm. lr_context->set_value( iv_name  = 'ZTABLE'                        ia_value = wa_parm-value ).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats it??

I dont see any process method and also above code is incomplete.

Try to create another z report and follow the approach mentioned in teched material http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-4600 slide 54. This is very easy to understand and implement..

Hope this helps.

regards, Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried the code specified in slide 54. I could able to pass  the input value to the table in the context but i could not get the result. The Result is also a table but it is different table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok so now the problem is at the end side..

If your things is working fine using Simulation Function than can you post the code only process method part.

Former Member
0 Kudos

data p_value type ztable. (It is table type binded to DDIC)  lo_context->set_value( iv_name = 'ZTABLE'                         ia_value = input_table  ).   lo_function->process( EXPORTING io_context = lo_context              IMPORTING      eo_result = lo_result ).   lo_result->get_value( IMPORTING ea_value =p_value ).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Agarwal,

I am clueless now..If you are ABAPer than execute report FDT_GENERATION_TOOL >> select Generate Function on demand >> double click on object name >> place breakpoint in process_pure method and observe the behavior.

regards, Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all your help Rahul.

Finally I was able to get the table data as output from the program. Issue was with BRF+ configuration, the decision tables were not configured properly.

Thank you,

Agarwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great!! But you said..you are getting correct result from Simulation..if the problem is in DT then How this is possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Agarwal,

There is BRFplus helper program -FDT_TEMPLATE_FUNCTION_PROCESS which will help you to generate coding to pass data to BRFplus and and adjust syntax error.

Provide Function ID of your appl to this program.

regards, Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you try SImulating Function ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have Simulated the Function it is working fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How about template program ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I could able to set values to the table context.but i could not get result from decision table 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which processing method are you using?? If_fdt_function or cl_fdt_function_process.

If possible could you post your processing method coding.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul, Here is the code.. data: l_data type ref to data,       lt_sign type ztable,         lv_timestamp type timestamp,         wa_parm type abap_parmbind,         lt_parm type abap_parmbind_tab.           get reference of lt_sign  into l_data.   cl_fdt_function_process=>move_data_to_data_object( EXPORTING ir_data = l_data iv_function_id = ' ' IV_DATA_OBJECT = ' ' iv_timestamp  = lv_timestamp iv_trace_generation = abap_false iv_has_ddic_binding = abap_true IMPORTING er_data = wa_parm-value ). INSERT wa_parm INTO table lt_parm. lr_context->set_value( iv_name  = 'ZTABLE'                         ia_value = wa_parm-value ).