cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Group linked with valuation class

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

I was creating a new material. When Selected Material Group as Raw Material in Accounting view all valaution class are not coming only selcted few are appearing.

My question how and where the link between Material Group and Valuation class is mantained.

Regards,

Alok

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alok you have to use the OMQW TX you can assign the valuation class to the material group  there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check OMSK. Material Types are linked to account category reference. Valuation Classes are also linked to account category reference. This esblishes the connection between Material Type and Valuation Class.

If you are looking for some link and restriction between Material Group Vs. Valuation Class please check SPRO > Material Management > Purchasing > Material Master > Entry Aids for items without a Material Master. I think it does not restricts though, it suggests the default VC.

See if ths info helps.

Regards

RCSabat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr Sabat,

In OMSK there is relation ship between AccCat  Ref  with Valuation Class.

Not Material Group in Material Master Basic Data View.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Please see the second para of my previous response, if this helps.

Reards

RCS

Former Member
0 Kudos

The second Para is for default valuation class for non material type.

I am talking about that I have created a new account ref for Bulk Traded material and also new valuation class for the same and OBYC settings for valuation class.

But when I create a new material master the same new valuation class is not found in Accounting view.

Where is the problem. when I check theere is a Material Group given in Basic Data View.

Any sol

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Understand it like this:

First option we give account cat ref define.

We define 0001 (father)

Second option assign valuation class to acct cat.  we assign 1000 to 0001 (1000 is 0001's son)

Third option is acct cat to material group we assign 0001 acct cat to material group 2000 (husband wife)

Thus 0001 is 2000's husband (as per last option)

0001 is father of 1000 (as per second option)

Thus, if you can make out 2000 will be 1000's mother.

This is called establishing relationship. Thus when you create a mat using mat grp 2000 valuation class 1000 will be visible.

Read this---->

"Account category reference"

Group of valuation classes that the system uses

to check whether the valuation class you have entered is allowed when you maintain accounting data in a material master record.

Define account cat ref 0001 (first option)

Assign it to valuation class/es which you want to see in your material master. (second option)

Assign 0001 to material group of your material for which you want these valuation class (suppose assign 0001 to Raw material and you will be able to use valuation classes to which you have assigned 0001 in second step)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

any reply on the above aissue????

Regards,

Alok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr Singh,

What is the t-code for mapping material group(2000) to account assignment(0001)

In OMSK the third one is material type mapped with account assignmnet. Not material group.

In MM01 basic view material group is there not material type.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are going to create a new material you will see material type in MM01 screen

1.Material

2.Industry sector

3.Material type

Also what do you mean by basic view.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear material group to valuation class assignment is for cases where there is not material master i.e. service. T code OMQW

Former Member
0 Kudos

SPRO > MM > Purchasing > Material Master > Entry Aids for

Items Without a Material Master

narasimhulu_konnipati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OMQW - Check here

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Request - Please do not repeat already given suggestions

Check above!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alok,

Did you check the material type in the material master? you can do that in MM03 > Basic Data 1. There is an information icon next to material description. check the material type and see if this is linked to the Valuation Class in OMSK through the account category reference.

Regards

RCSabat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sabat,

In Basic Data 1 View there is Material Group available not Material Type. Material type is diff from group. That is the problem I no where found any mapping between group and type.

REgards,

Alok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alok did you check the above T code OMQW which i meantioned. Also read the note (mentioned in path) before customizing for that path.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you mean even if you clik on the <<information on material>> icon next to your material description in basic data1, you do not see the material type? A new small pop-up screen should come up.

rgds

RCS

former_member188028
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check OMSK

Former Member
0 Kudos

The second Para is for default valuation class for non material type.

I am talking about that I have created a new account ref for Bulk Traded material and also new valuation class for the same and OBYC settings for valuation class.

But when I create a new material master the same new valuation class is not found in Accounting view.

Where is the problem. when I check theere is a Material Group given in Basic Data View.

Any sol

regards