cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Message IW215:Purchase order item of maintenance order still without final billing indic

Former Member
0 Kudos

We created the PO refering the Maintenance order, did service entry sheet and LIV. 

In maintenance process, while closing the Maintenance order after MIRO and Payment, system is giving warning message as :

"Purchase order item 4500000037 00010 of order 4000060 still without final billing indic.

Message no. IW215

Diagnosis

An invoice receipt is still expected for order 4000060".

There is no setting in MM for Billing indicator.

I have searched the forum before pasting even searched in google and service market place for notes but could not find any conclusive answer.

What I gathered is the possible reasons of SAP program error.

Before raising the OSS note may I check from forum if they are also facing the same issue and if yes how it was resolved.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member210560
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Megha,

The message is hardcoded as a warning when order is closed via IW32. Because the user does not have an option to make a desision when closing via CO99 - the message is treated as an error.

Note 687572 provides modification to allow close via CO99 but you need to contact SAP to have coding

from this note as this note categorized as Special development. Therefore, it only provide to customer upon

request as it is modification.

Regards,

ian Wong Loke Foong

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am facing error message not the warning message when closing orders in IW32.

The note mentioned by you is not available in service market place. The message

“The requested SAP Note is either in reworking or is released internally only"

former_member210560
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Megha,

You will not able to get or view the note unless you contact SAP directly. This note is not a correction note but

"Pilot release" under category "Special development". Also, in SDN, forumers should not provide any correction

note as note should only provide by SAP as forumer cannot bear the responsibility if any problem.

Regards,

ian Wong Loke Foong

former_member210560
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Megha,

When you post an invoice in MM, then the final invoice indicator is not

set by the system. The user can set the indicator manually when posting

the invoice, and MM will then update the flag in the purchase order.

Regards,

ian Wong Loke Foong

Former Member
0 Kudos

We will use a large number of service purchase orders that remain open for long periods of time because multiple areas of the business will use the same purchase orders for the same services. We cannot flag these for final billing because we use them all the time.

Therefore we cannot flag this indicator.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your valuable inputs as always.

I have raised the OSS note.

former_member210560
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Megha,

I am not sure why you received error IW215 as it should be warning.

I checked the program ,the coding as below:

SE37:

Function module      K_OBJECT_REORG_CHECK

IF message_store_not_active <> 0.
            MESSAGE w215(iw) WITH l_ionra-aufnr
                                  ekpo_tab-ebeln
                                  ekpo_tab-ebelp.
          ENDIF.
        ENDIF.

Therefore, please check the same in your system via SE37 if code is same or any modification.

Regards,

ian Wong Loke Foong

former_member210560
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Megha,

I don't think you need note 687572 as it is for transaction  CO99 but not IW32. Check your coding as my previous replied.

Regards,

ian Wong Loke Foong

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked, what you have given the code is the same at my end.

As told already in IW32 I am getting error message not warning message.

Yet to receive the reply for OSS that I have raised on this issue.

What could be the reason then?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Megha,

When you post an invoice in MM, then the final invoice indicator is not

set by the system. The user can set the indicator manually when posting

the invoice, and MM will then update the flag in the purchase order.

Regards,

ian Wong Loke Foong

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Ian Wong Loke Foong,

Do you mean that user should set final invoice indicator in MIRO, then in ME22N should also set this flag in PO and then we should complete the order in IW32.

If this is standard way in SAP of process step to avoid this error message then I am afraid as our Purchase deptt and Accounts deptt are at different location from the plant locations. In this case users will be chasing each other to complete the process.

Moreover, if the vendor does not send us the invoice on time until then user cannot complete the order, he will be chasing accounts deptt to know if the invoice has been entered in MIRO. If in case the accounts clerk forget to set the indicator in MIRO then again it will be an issue, same is the case if the buyers forgets to change the PO?

What function module code you have told I have checked in our system is the same, do you think we have done somewhere the wrong settings or some settings are missing somewhere which is stopping the process to behave normally.

I will be highly thankful to you if you respond to my query. You have already invested your lot of time and effort for my question.

Regards

Megha

former_member210560
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Megha,

I think the error message you received is not stop or from the code i mentioned previously as if you check the

code, the message prompted should be warning and you should able to bypass the message and continue

with your subsequent action. Therefore, you can ask your abaper to help you debug and see where the error

message come from or from which part of code from your system that make the hard coded error message.

It maybe some enhancement or user exit that responsible for this error message that have been coded.

As far as i know, in sap standard this message hard coded to warning but not error from the function module

that i see in my system.

Regards,

ian Wong Loke Foong

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try this note:

ive had the same problem but after installing the note 687878 it was fine again.

ajitkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

billing indicator is the final invoice indicator in po invoice tab, i think you can use MEMASSPO field EREKZ for mass processing of invoice.