cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MM for Chemical Industry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

Can you please tell me what's specific about Chemical Industries in SAP MM ? Are there any processes which I should be aware of ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dear,

In Chemical Industry, we ll use  the movement type 309.

learn abt this mvt.type. this may helpful in the future...........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please tell me how you using 309 and why it's important for chemical industry.If you can give me real time example that will be great

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dear,

309 Movement used to transfer material to material... useful in chemical businesses.

1. Ex. Chemical Y – with 98% purity, Chemical X – with 95% purity.

We mix both material and get 95% purity, this movement will be used. Accounting document is there if value difference occurs.

one more thing:

make SLED Mandatory in material master.SLED (Storage Location Expiry Date) is important for chemical industry.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member619089
Active Participant
0 Kudos

In chemical industry Shelf life is main thing. Learn about maintaining the Shelf life in batch level or whatever is the requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Few things i could think of is maintaining QM view in material master (for expiry and batch management on inspection), periodic update on documents attached with material (like material safety data sheets etc).

Regards,

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deepak how you create material safety data sheet and how do you attach them ? Do we need to create them in EH&S module ?

Kawal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kawal,

MSDS(material safety data sheet) is a document which needs to be linked/attached with material master.Instructions for storage,transportation and handling are the main contents of the MSDS.For MM point of view it needs to be updated periodically depending on the local regulations and to be followed in warehouse management.

Regards,

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

check best practices for chemical industry from best practices site.

http://help.sap.com/bp-industrypackages

Regards,

Dakshesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dakshesh this link just a overview .It doesn't have any specific information.Do you have link which has specific information?