cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EhP5 ESS WDA Address Infotype Edit Capability

jim_sauceman
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have been customizing the EhP5 ESS Personal Profile application (WDA). When I began, one could execute this application and the Edit (pencil) icon appeared. Someone requested that I remove that ability and I did so -- weeks ago. Now, they want it back for the Address Infotype (0006), but I cannot remember or find where to re-enable it. I looked in the UIBB and I still have the columns for Edit and Delete. In fact, I compared to another client within our Development system (that is still untouched) and all the settings seem to match in the two configurations. In addition, my security authorizations have not changed so that shouldn't be the issue.

Can someone tell me where (all) to look to re-enable the Edit function for the Address Infotype?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

venkatachalam_raj
Participant
0 Kudos

Jim

Execute the iView in administrator mode either from SE80(package paoc_ess_per_wda, acc HRESS_AC_PERSINFO) or from portal content. Right click on the address UIBB and settings for current configuration, drop down for invisible elements and you can change it to visible.

hope that helps.

Thanks, Raj

jim_sauceman
Explorer
0 Kudos

Raj,

Thanks for the reply, but I am not finding a drop down for invisible elements. When I right click on anything in the HRESS_CC_PER_OVR_ADDRESS_XX UIBB, I just get a pop up window with "Hide Quick Help" and "More Field Help". Does the image below look like I am in the correction location within the Personal Profile application?

venkatachalam_raj
Participant
0 Kudos

I guess you in a wrong location, you started the component configurator. you have to execute the Accplication configuration. Go to SE80, package paoc_ess_per_wda, under webdynrpo application you should find HRESS_AC_PERSINFO. Double click that, go to Web Dynpro Configuration in the top Menu and select Test->Execute in Addministrative Mode. you will see the biz card view. Then right click on the address biz card to see settings for current configuration and you should see the drop down. Chose not personlized.

Thanks, Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj

I have a requirement, based on subtype for infotype 6 address, user can edit the address, for Death Benefit Nominee and Work address it should be display only.  if for a subtype if I try to make the edit (pencil) icon invisible , all the edit icons of the subtypes becomes invisible. can you please suggest for each subtype level how can I make this possible.

thanks

Anup

venkatachalam_raj
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anup

Unfortunately as of EhP5, the address overview is not subtype specific. We had a similar situation and raised it with SAP and they came back and said, it cannot be done in EhP5. From EhP6 they are offering subtype specific customization. Sorry I could not be a much help.

Thanks, Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj

thanks for your reply,

I also tried making  some changes in the feeder class CL_HRESS_PER_OVERVIEW, method GET_INFTY_SUBTY_DATA , where  for infotype 6 and for the required subtype  I made rt_metadata_disp_only = 'X'.

But this doesn't seems to be  working.

thanks

Anup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

You need to make the changes here for the edit icons

Regards,

Yugandhar Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anup,

See if you can achieve it from the HRESS_CC_PER_CONFIG.

Make a copy of it and do the modifications.

Before doing it, create custom detail screen of address ZHRESS_CC_PER_DTL_ADDRESS

And do the modifications/readonlys as you needed for that subtype.

And from the HRESS_CC_PER_CONFIG, and for the subtype assign the screen (ZHRESS_CC_PER_DTL_ADDRESS in the UIBB as in 2nd screen) and see if it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yugandhar

thanks very much for your reply.

I did made the change with the configuration, but the target configuration  is not replaced with the source configuration. In the tabular preview even I coundnt see the changes. do you have to do any other settings to make it working.

regards

Anup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anup,

We should be able to change the target config. I didnot understand what do you mean my source configuration. In the screen shot there is no source.

Might be you are referring/saying that the changes are not visible in the personal profile.

In order to see the changes in personal profile, you have to make changes in the custom HRESS_CC_PER_OVP which will point to the <Z>HRESS_CC_PER_CONFIG

ie. in the Global settings of <Z>HRESS_CC_PER_OVP

Global Settings=>set the

Web Dypro Component: HRESS_C_PERSINFO_CONFIG

Configuration: ZHRESS_CC_PER_CONFIG

Regards

Yugandhar Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great it worked.

many thanks

Anup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good to know.

So are you able to get the different screens for the subtypes?

(I know that I can try this option but I never got any such requirement, so i didnot try. Don't  forget the points)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I am able to get the different screen for the subtypes. The requirement was to remove the edit button on the overview screen based on the subtype, but was not able to accomplish that.

so now its like for the required subtype I have made the details screen display only.

I tried removing the edit (pencil) icons from the application configuration but it removed all the edit icons for all subtypes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We cannot change the edit based on subtype.