Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Address Biz card - address type specific customization

venkatachalam_raj
Participant
0 Kudos

Hii All

I was able to customize the address biz card and others by country. I have a requirement to customize fields by type of address within address biz card. For instance I want the "Care Of" field to be visible only in Emergency and not in Permanent & Mailing. Is there a possibility to achieve by config or through BADI which I am missing. Please advice.

Thanks, Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

venkatachalam_raj
Participant
0 Kudos

I thought I figured it out but is not working. Within the HRESS_CC_PER_CONFIG for Canada and US I created two additional key configuration for Addresses providing subtype. That is one  1 (Permanent Address), 4 (Emergency Address), 5 (Mailing Address). I copied three versions of HRESS_CC_PER_OVR_ADDRESS_XX for US and Canada and name accordingly. I provided these as the target uibb details for replacement in the HRESS_CC_PER_CONFIG for corresponding addresses key for respective countries. Logically this should work. But it defaults to the config given to the subtype 1 for all other subtypes ignoring its own values. Hence the fields displayed resemble same in all three addresses. Looks like SAP issue. Any help would be appreciated if I have to open a message with SAP.

Thanks, Raj

venkatachalam_raj
Participant
0 Kudos

I thought I figured it out but is not working. Within the HRESS_CC_PER_CONFIG for Canada and US I created two additional key configuration for Addresses providing subtype. That is one  1 (Permanent Address), 4 (Emergency Address), 5 (Mailing Address). I copied three versions of HRESS_CC_PER_OVR_ADDRESS_XX for US and Canada and name accordingly. I provided these as the target uibb details for replacement in the HRESS_CC_PER_CONFIG for corresponding addresses key for respective countries. Logically this should work. But it defaults to the config given to the subtype 1 for all other subtypes ignoring its own values. Hence the fields displayed resemble same in all three addresses. Looks like SAP issue. Any help would be appreciated if I have to open a message with SAP.

Thanks, Raj

venkatachalam_raj
Participant
0 Kudos

Any suggestion? 

venkatachalam_raj
Participant
0 Kudos

I took it up with SAP and got a reply that this is not possible as of EhP5. As of EhP6, this is possible up to two subtype variations. EhP6 is already out for customers and in ramp up.

Thanks, Raj

sagarjoshi
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

As I stated in another message ...

No you dont have to wait for EHP6 if you are not immediate plans to implement.

Even in EHP5 there are some possibilities. What I said is that it is not possible to create multiple configurations for overview screens and assign them to a specific subtype.

You may have noticed that in certain infotypes some fields are hidden dynamically. This means even if the same structure is used in the configuration then dynamically some fields can be hidden.

In the standard feeder classes based on the backend customizing of table V_T588MFPROPS and V_T588MFPROPC the fields are hidden. Here you can control which fields are relevant for which subtype.

You may either choose to use the seeting in V_T588MFPROC table to hide some fields for a specific subtype and they will be hidden. This means the field is not really relevant for this subtype at all and should be hidden from all UIs (overview & detail screens)

If you want to do something very specific only in ESS overview screen specific then you can still override the feeder CL_HRESS_PER_OVERVIEW and look at method get_definition. Here you can add a reference field and fpass a reference field to control visibility dynamically in the overview field.

Answers (0)