9 Replies Latest reply: Oct 19, 2012 6:51 PM by Sebastian Hecht RSS

SUP 2.1 install error

Dave Meagher
Currently Being Moderated

Attempting to do single server install of SUP 2.1 on Windows 7 (64bit) laptop.  As an administrator user, I extracted the files from ‘sup0210rtwinx64_64.zip’ and ran ‘setup.exe’ from there. Seems to be no problem.. Because I generated/downloaded a license file, I choose to install a  ‘Personal Development’ system and selected the ‘unserved (local) license’ option during install. I accepted all other defaults during installation – and all seemed to go ok until at the very end I get a message:

"Installation of Sybase Unwired Platform 2.1 Runtime has completed, but with the following error(s): Installation of following component(s) did not complete: Unwired Server configuration failed"

Does anyone have a clue as to what I may have missed/done wrong?

Looking at install logs I see:

C:\Sybase\UnwiredPlatform\InstallLogs\UPInstall.log

(May 4, 2012 3:20:02 PM), , com.sybase.stf.install.uep.wizardaction.ExecUnwiredServerConfig, dbg, null: command: C:\Sybase\UnwiredPlatform\Servers\UnwiredServer\bin\configure-mms.bat
(May 4, 2012 3:20:02 PM), , com.sybase.stf.install.uep.wizardaction.ExecUnwiredServerConfig, dbg, null: arguments:  fastn9012w7 default localhost 5200 dba [password entered] fastn9012w7_primary clusterdb_fastn9012w7 [password entered] [password entered] [password entered] [password entered] fastn9012w7
(May 4, 2012 3:21:00 PM), , com.sybase.stf.install.uep.wizardaction.ExecUnwiredServerConfig, dbg, return value: 1
(May 4, 2012 3:21:00 PM), , com.sybase.stf.install.uep.wizardaction.ExecUnwiredServerConfig, err, ERROR: configure-mms failed

C:\Sybase\UnwiredPlatform\InstallLogs\silentInstall\registerDSN.log

... log file ends with:
BUILD SUCCESSFUL
Total time: 10 seconds
Changing DBA password for databases ...
SQL Anywhere Start Server In Background Utility Version 12.0.1.3423
SQL Anywhere Server Ping Utility Version 12.0.1.3423
Ping server successful.
command failed: updateProps -r -cn fastn9012w7 -d clusterdb_fastn9012w7 -sn fastn9012w7
configure-mms failed

C:\Sybase\UnwiredPlatform\InstallLogs\silentInstall\registerDSN.err

java.sql.SQLException: [Sybase][ODBC Driver][SQL Anywhere]Right truncation of string data
at ianywhere.ml.jdbcodbc.jdbc3.IIPreparedStatement.executeUpdate(Native Method)
at ianywhere.ml.jdbcodbc.jdbc3.IPreparedStatement.executeUpdate(IPreparedStatement.java:299)
at com.sybase.sup.server.cluster.ClusterRegistration.supServerProps(ClusterRegistration.java:751)
at com.sybase.sup.server.cluster.ClusterRegistration.register(ClusterRegistration.java:590)
at com.sybase.sup.server.cluster.ClusterRegistration.run(ClusterRegistration.java:328)
at com.sybase.sup.server.cluster.ClusterRegistration.main(ClusterRegistration.java:171)

• Re: SUP 2.1 install error
    Maria Sulea

Hi Dave,

Try to uninstall SUP 2.1 an reinstall it again by running setupConsole.exe as administrator. During installation you should be asked for an option like "cluster mode" where you have to uncheck the checkbox.

Regards,

Maria Sulea

Sujith Prathap

Hi Dave,

Does the install go through if you select the Online Data Proxy option in Step 6. If no then maybe the installation file might be corrupt.

Best Regards,

Sujith

PS: Also did you start the installation my right-clicking the setup file and selecting run as administrator?

Dave Meagher

Hi Sujith,

Thanks for the response. I tried to install with the Online Data Proxy option, but that fails as well. I also verified my download by comparing the hash signature with that on the download site - so I'm pretty sure the software itself is intact. I think I'll give up on SUP for now.

Regards,

Dave

Sujith Prathap

Hi Dave,

Could you post what info you get in the installation logs?

The logs can be found at Sybase\Unwired Platform\InstallLogs.

Alternatively, you can try installing the 2.1.2 release of SUP. It works fine for me.

Best Regards,

Sujith

Dave Meagher

Hi Sujith,

The log file errors are shown in my first post. I could 'zip up' the log directory, but I'm not totally comfortable about posting that on a public forum (without going through it all first). I certainly would try to install 2.1.2 if I could, but on subscribenet I see only complete downloads for 2.1, with 'upgrades' available for 2.1.2 - which I guess means I need a good install of 2.1 first! <g>

I still have a nagging feeling I'm doing something silly - but just haven't seen it yet!

cheers,

dave

Dave Meagher

An interesting development... I tried the install again, but as an 'evalulation' system, and all worked fine. This leads me to wonder if the install error is caused by my license. The licence file I was using looks like:

------------------------start-------------------

#Sybase Software Asset Management License File. SS License for Sybase Mobile

#SDK Windows 32/64-bit

PACKAGE SUP_DEVELOPER SYBASE COMPONENTS=SUP_BASESRVR \

OPTIONS=SUITE_RESERVED SUPERSEDE ISSUED=03-may-2012 \

SIGN2="1BE7 B92D B322 FBDE 6C93 EC34 84C6 0FAB E6AF 6D87 8183 \

B419 8150 E5DE ED39 1695 6FDB 7C4C E42D 62A6 278B 8692 2F52 \

E7B8 9984 556D F60B B96F CDD6 1F90"

# License for B09928CF68E7

INCREMENT SUP_DEVELOPER SYBASE 2012.04120 permanent uncounted \

VENDOR_STRING=PE=PD;LT=SS HOSTID=b09928cf68e7 PLATFORMS="i86_n \

x64_n" ISSUER="CO=Sybase, Inc.;V=2.0;AS=A;MC=5;MP=0;CP=1;EGO=" \

ISSUED=03-may-2012 NOTICE="XXXXXXXXREMOVEDXXXXXX" \

SN=4651411-4145581 SIGN2="00D5 4026 2905 AEB4 7150 7614 DACE \

C31F 16F9 A819 C810 0C00 23D4 685E 9E22 0386 CBB6 5913 109B \

3C99 DA85 80A7 1A75 DFCB BB39 8068 E5C5 B920 CC2E 2607"

-----------------------end-------------------------------

I was thinking that as a 'PD' license, withe a 'SS' type, I could install SUP all on one machine. Maybe I'm wrong, or have selected invalid install options (my reading of the doco makes me think I'm doing it correctly - but... <g>)

Actions