cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arabic phrase language display issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Team,

I am trying to create a report (I have the report template ) through "create report" in arabic language.

While generating the report I am getting the error <** Phrase language not available: [ AR ] MC - MC20.0127 **>

I have already uploaded all Arabic phrase text in CG12. Still I am not getting the desired output.

My query is

1. Is it mandatory to change the layout of the report template ( generally template starts from left to right where as arabic starts from right to left)

2. Is is compulsory to install arabic language through SMLT transaction ?

3. we have already  checked the relevant SAP notes which is available in the existing system, do we need to check any parameter ?

Your response is highly appreciated - Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vinoth

I can not answer all questions but may be provide hints:

1.) You have prepare a correct set up of phrase language "AR" ?

2.) You can see phrase text in "AR" in the corresponding language position of the phrase?

3.) The corresponding Phrase id does have a phrase etc. in "AR"?

Regarding:

1. Is it mandatory to change the layout of the report template ( generally template starts from left to right where as arabic starts from right to left)

There are some OOS Hints regarding languages like this. PLease take a look. Please check that you use recent WWI !

According to my knowledge you need to have two layouts. One which can be used for "EN" and similar langauges and the other for languages like "AR"; so I would answer your question with "yes" you need to prepare the WWI template document like you have it described (but I have nether checked it in reality)

Regarding:

2. Is is compulsory to install arabic language through SMLT transaction ?

I believe (i am not sure) the answer is once again: Yes

3. we have already  checked the relevant SAP notes which is available in the existing system, do we need to check any parameter ?

a.) I assume use use UTF-8 Unicode database?

b.) take care about WWI ini (topic of fonts later but not related to your error message)

With best regards

C.B.

PS: later on you might need to check these OSS notes:

Note 1507738 => please read next

Note 1142856

Note 1330435

Note 1339574 => please read first

Answers (0)