cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Runtime files for Crystal XI and VB 2010

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a program that includes a Crystal viewer that has been distributed to a few clients.  Each previous client also had a version of Crystal XI so I have not had any problems.

Now I need to set it up on a computer without the designer and it does not run.

I've tried searching for run time files but when I did, I got 79 possible options.  I have no idea what needs to be downloaded and installed on the target computer.

I am running Crystal XI 11.5.12.1838 but have no idea if it includes SP 4 or 5 or what.  The program is VB 2010 and I have the Crystal for VS 2010 installed.  The version is 10.0.40219.1 SP1Rel.

References in my program are for CrystalDecisions.xxxx 13.0.2000.0 for the Engine, ReportSource, Shared and Windows.Forms.

Can anyone point to the file I need to send to my client?  If I have not provided enough information, please let me know what to get and where to get it.

TIA

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello,

Click on the Overview tab and on the left you'll find the redist packages. Send them the MSI file, it's the most complete and easiest to distribute. They just need admin rights and double click the MSI.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not to sound too daft but there is no label that clearly says redist packages.  So are these the correct files depending on 32 vs. 64 bit computers?

SAP Crystal Reports .NET ClickOnce Redist (built-in Visual Studio ClickOnce “Homesite” location)

http://downloads.businessobjects.com/akdlm/crnetruntime/clickonce/CRRuntime_32bit_13_0_3.msi

http://downloads.businessobjects.com/akdlm/crnetruntime/clickonce/CRRuntime_64bit_13_0_3.msi

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes we know.... We are upgrading it and the old links no longer work...

Try this page: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-7824

Ludek updated it so it should be clearer now.

Use the MSI installer, it's the easiest to use.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you but the forums had problems logging in the other day and I haven't been in my office since.

My client is still experiencing problems.  On two computers she installed 64bit_13_0_3.msi as recommended above, rebooted and my program will still not work.  Translated to English the message is something like "Impossible to download the application. Missing files for the application. Contact the vendor of the application".  That's me.

So I went back to a computer that does run the application and found in the Add/Remove programs the program SAP Crystal Reports runtime engine for .NETFramework 4 (32-bit).  But I cannot find the installation file easily identified.

Hunting around on my system again, I found a file called crXIr2sp4_net_server_install.zip which contains two msi files (CrystalReports11_5NET.msi and CrystalReports11_5_NET2005.msi).  I can't confirm I used this file to set up the other computers and the word server in the name confuses me because I am not using Crystal Server.

I am assuming the 2005 is not the correct file as I am using VS2010.  However, would one of these files be the correct runtime files so that my user can display the Crystal Reports?  She does not need to do any development, just display in my viewer.

The confusion I have is the 32bit vs. 64bit and the fact that I cannot find this zip file on your website anymore to get more information about it.  So I cannot find out if there is a 64bit version.

Is this the correct file whether she is using a 32bit computer or 64bit computer.  We are trying to get this running on her computer so she can get it set up on her client's computer.  If it won't run on her's it won't run on their's.

I need to know the exact file to give to my clients to run this program.  I developed it in VB2010 with the references to the 13.0.2000.0 version of the engine, etc.  These files are installed in my C:\Program Files\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Common\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86\dotnet folder.

I had planned on upgrading it to Crystal 2011 later this year but I am not doing that now if I cannot get this to work.

I do not want to force my clients to have the Crystal developer program or the time I spent on creating the viewer is useless.  I just happened to test originally with a couple of clients that have the designer.

Please don't point me to another link that points to many choices.  Please give me a filename to use and a path to download both the 32 and 64 bit versions.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I might have it now.  After I sent that last message another client got back to me.  They still had the installation program of the runtime files that I set up last year.

Their file was called CRforVS_redist_install_32bit_13_0.zip so I searched for it and found this message

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1903613

which referenced both the 32bit and 64 bit installation files.  I will get my client to try the 64 bit and see what happens.

0 Kudos

That is for Service Pack 0, update your DEV PC with SP3 and then deploy SP 3 to your customers site.

Also, in your project set the CPU to x86 OR x64, DO NOT USE ANYCPU. You have to specify what platform your app is going to run under. So if you want 32 bit the build under x86 and deploy the 32 bit runtime. If x64 the set and distribute.

MSIExec will install for what ever the OS is but it may not be what you are wanting. 64 bit requires 64 bit Print Drivers, DB Clients and all other dependencies. You may find problems unless you configured and verified this works for your app.

File should be CRforVS_redist_install_32bit_13_3.zip

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the update.

So the Target CPU is currently set for x86, so I should tell my client to use the 32bit install instead of the 64 bit, is this correct?

This could be why it did not work before because they installed the 64bit files.

How do I tell if I have upgraded to SP3 of Crystal for VS?  It just says SAP Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010 under installed products and Product details in Help, About MS Visual Studio.  Does this mean I still have version zero?

My VS 2010 Professional version is 10.0.40219.1 SP1Rel.

0 Kudos

Correct, 32 bit install for your customers.

You don't instlal the runtime on your DEV PC. Just the CRforVS2010.exe.

Which ever one you downloaded and installed, last digit is the Service Pack number.

Look at any of the actual file versions, it will say 13.x.y.y. where x is the service pack number.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.  That gets me closer now.  I just have to get the client to try the 32 bit Runtime I posted in my last message.

As indicated above, my program is referencing the 13.0.2000.0 file versions, so I don't have the updates installed at this point.  So if I don't update my machine right now, then I can get them to install the runtime I have now to see if it works for them.  If I update and recompile my program, then I need to include the new Run time update you posted earlier

http://downloads.businessobjects.com/akdlm/crnetruntime/clickonce/CRRuntime_32bit_13_0_3.msi

Thanks

0 Kudos

FYI - 13.0.2000.0 is the Assembly version, it's always going to be that version. Check the actual file version to verify.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not going to even try to figure out why a referenced version for a file in VS2010 has a different file version in reality.  When I upgrade to CR2011 I am really hoping things are more complex, I don't think I am having enough fun right now!    I'm starting to think I should have taken programming in university.

Anyway, thanks for the pointer.  I checked the four file versions and they are all 13.0.0.99 so it looks like I have the proper runtime at this point.

I am still waiting to hear back from my client but there has been a problem come up since last week (client is not working right now) and I may not hear back for a while.

0 Kudos

Actually you are using the original release, should be 13.0.3.x

Click on the Overview tab and on the left you'll find Service Pack 3, a few enhancements and other things.

Thanks again

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.  I have a few people currently using this release of my program and I have not had much of a chance to do more programming on it in the last year.  If I were to update, I would have to go back and do all the testing over again and I don't have the time right now.  I just want to get a new user up on it because alternate methods of running the reports are not suitable (no search, no refresh, etc.).

I ultimately want to get back to programming again but something always seems to get in the way.  I've got plenty of ideas and would love to use the new rptr format but just haven't had the time to put into getting things updated.  Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos

You should, bugs fixed and enhancements....

Here's the code to export to RPTR format:

private void ExportToRPTR_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
    CrystalDecisions.Shared.DiskFileDestinationOptions diskOpts = CrystalDecisions.Shared.ExportOptions.CreateDiskFileDestinationOptions();
    CrystalDecisions.Shared.ExportOptions exportOpts = new CrystalDecisions.Shared.ExportOptions();

rptClientDoc = new ReportClientDocument();

exportOpts.ExportDestinationOptions = diskOpts;

diskOpts.DiskFileName = "c:\\reports1.rptr";

exportOpts.ExportDestinationType = CrystalDecisions.Shared.ExportDestinationType.DiskFile;
    exportOpts.ExportFormatType = CrystalDecisions.Shared.ExportFormatType.RPTR;

rpt.Export(exportOpts);
    MessageBox.Show("Export to RPTR Complete - Saved as c:\\report1.rptr", "RAS", MessageBoxButtons.OK, MessageBoxIcon.Information);

rpt.ExportToDisk(ExportFormatType.RPTR, "c:\\report1.rptr");
}

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

I promise to update before the end of the year.

Thanks for the code.  It is sparking a couple of other questions now but I will look into it first and then post in a new thread if I still have questions.

Answers (0)