Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validation check in PI sheet

former_member928196
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a requriement for validation in PI sheet while booking GR for Fininhed goods

The requirement is -

The user will enter number of boxes, there is Alternate Unit maintained in Material master for this. Eg - 1 Case = 50 Box.

The user will always book FG in boxes, there has to be validation that he will book only boxes equal to 1 Case, i.e always book only 50 box, if 100 boxes are produced he will book twice , 50 each.

The validation should be that he should not book value less than or more than 50, only 50 always, else through error saying "Invalid number of boxes"

Regards,

Amol

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This can be easily done by creating a dynamic function call in PI sheet and assign the validation functionality with the help of Abaper. Defining this in formula may be little bit more complex.

regards

Rijil

former_member928196
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rijil,

I would like to have the validation check at the point of entering data, say if you enter the value and press enter, the error information should pop up. Can you help me understand how the dynamic function call be used, as I guess this would require to enter the value and then have a manual click to validate data.

I am trying to pass the FG material number and produced FG quantity value as Variables to the Validation function module(Will create a function module which will take the value as import and check with the MARM table ) but am not able to pass the quantity export parameter to the input- import of function module. Guess you can help on this grounds.

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

With the help of an abaper create a validation fm with boolean logic. FM will be having import and export parameters. Export parameter from PI sheet will be an import parameter in the FM and Import parameter in the PI sheet will be the export parameter from the FM. Syntax will be similiar to the attachment. If you are using a automatic valuated characteristic then use the characteristic directly under PPPI_EXPORT_PARAMETER or use variable to assign the value and import it. Give the right logic to your abaper to get the values against your import parameters, query required tables, caluclated the division by 50 and the check the integer values or whatever you need to validate. hope this helps. In this particular syntax there won't be any pushbutton. enter key will work after input of your quantity.

former_member928196
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI Rijil,

Thanks a lot for your above reply, have tried on the same ground, but the variable for produced qty is not passing the value to function module - Am getting the error as pasted.

former_member928196
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rijil,

It looks good now, the issue is solved. Works on the same ground....

Regards,

Amol Kale

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rijil or Amol

I have a same scenario validation with variables for PI sheet; i need to validate the activity start date with release date of the process order.

Activity start date will be entered by the user. That date should be validate with the release date of process order.

Using the function module, I’m getting release date of the process order. In function module we maintain the logic as start date should be greater than release date.

Characteristics in the process instruction category are as follows.

For the start date there is already one validation formula is available i.e. control for the end date.

Apart from that control need to put control with release date also. Please tell me is there any wrong in the characteristics assignment.

Please help me.

Naren