cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog from file Supplier source.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masters.

I have a doubt about how  files send from supplier are download in catalogs in SRM system, 

I know is possible but I need help to understand that funtionallity .

1.- the vendor put the file excel, xml in directory. ?

2.- is possible in import manager automatically or where is made the upload the file

3-. how is managed contracts type WK in catalogs.

thanks in advances.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oscar,

For SRM MDM Catalog MDM stores the catalogue related data i.e vendor details ,Product detail and purchasing ifo records .This data (catalogue) in MDM is then viewed through UI configured .

Now data is loaded into MDM either using file supplied by supplier or from backend system.

MDM uses Import manager to load data into mdm manualy through import maps.

Now to automatic import u need to:

1. Create import map and save the map in MDM Import manager.
  2. Create Remote system and Inbound port for the repository in MDM Console.
  3. In port properties set execution automatic and select the map created.
  4. In Import server MDIS,set the password for User Admin.

Now in MDM root directory you will find distribution folder where u have to select the repository and then remote system and Inbound port which again has subfolders ready,archive,exception and log.

Once all the above settings are done whenever a file is placed in ready folder MDIS will automaticaly pick the file and process it as per the map into MDM.

Note the file format has to be same as the format used for creating import map.

With excel automatic import is not supported so you have to as vendor to supply file in xml format.

Regards,

Neethu Joy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Neetu,

I have a requirement from customer where in they want to consolidate and distribute the Item and Supplier data in MDM.we are in SRM Implementation Project and i need your inputs whether we should use MDM or MDM catalog for consolidation and distribution of data.

Please advise

Sunil

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the file supplied by the vendor is an XML file, then you can automatically load the data using MDIS(Import server)

And if the vendor has supplied data in Excel or Access, then you first need to convert them into XML format, only then you will be able to load the data automatically.

Other formats supported for automatic file import into MDM using MDIS are Delimited or a fixed with text file.

However manual process can used (Importing file through Import manager) to import the file if they are in Excel, Access, Text or XML.

Please refer the SAP NOTE - 1009016

Rgds,

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos
  1. 1.       The text file upload MDM fails when any of the fields (such as Internal Comment) contains quotes “ as shown below.

98-10-07 - DELETE: AS PER MICHEL LEMIRE, NOW           REFER TO SUFFIX "NM" /MA

However, bringing this into Excel and saving as text adds new wrapper quotes around the overall text as well as the embedded quotes. This makes the data readable to MDM

" 98-10-07 - DELETE: AS PER MICHEL LEMIRE, NOW           REFER TO SUFFIX ""NM"" /MA          

can any one give solution for this                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi oscar,

i didn't get it, do you want to transfer data from srm to mdm via import manager??? or from mdm to srm??

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to do is  import server load a file directly sent by the proveeedor.