0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

This is my configuration:

• SAP BPC 7.5 MS with SP07
  • Windows Server 2008 R2
  • SQL Server 2008 R2
  • IIS 7
  • SSL configuration

Architecture: Two linked servers: one for the SAP BPC Server Manager and the other for the SQL Server 2008 R2.

I am getting the following authentication error when trying to access to http://<server:port>/osoft

<<

The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.]

Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Container.InvokeMethod(Method TargetProcedure, Object[] Arguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, BindingFlags Flags) +783261

Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateGet(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack) +715

OSoft.Consumers.ZFP.WebBase.Utility.SetWSCredential(String strServiceName, String strMethod, String strParameter, String strContext, String strSecurity) +9091

OSoft.Consumers.ZFP.WebBase.Utility.GetLastUserApp(CPMUser& mUser, String strAppServerURL, String strSecurity, String strContext, Boolean bServerPathReset) +1993

OSoft.Consumers.ZFP.WebBase.PageBase.Page_Init(Object sender, EventArgs e) +2201

System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0

System.Web.UI.Control.OnInit(EventArgs e) +132

System.Web.UI.Page.OnInit(EventArgs e) +16

OSoft.Consumers.ZFP.WebBase.PageBase.OnInit(EventArgs e) +16

System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +143

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1477

>>

What’s wrong with it?

I think that this error might come from one of these two options:

• There is an error with the SSL configuration.
  • There might be some error with any authentication parameter into the aspx or XML files (Websrvr/Web folder), taking into account the SSL configuration as well as the server architecture previously mentioned.    

Any idea in order to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Albert Mas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We finally managed to get the this solved. What we did is to leave the BPC Server Manager configuration without the DNS name configured and the default port to 80. So now it is the DNS server who translates between our DNS name and the Server name, and not BPC. And also IIS allows us to connect through the 80 and 443 ports even if the default port in BPC Server Manager is 80. The mentioned tables should be checked and the server needs to be restarted.

Ideally the BPC Server Manager should be configured with the DNS name so the Work Status pages and exporting Journals, etc keep working with the DNS name when loading them from Excel. We still have to test this, but we are waiting for an available slot of time to do it.

Hope this sollution helps you. And thanks for the support.

Regards,

Albert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Albert,

am recieving the same error and i have a similar architecture. please post the soultion once you get to it. if i get to something ill post it here to.

thanks

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Albert,

this is a generic error, it's a reply from the BPC server, normally it shows that you haven't the security rights to connect to the server.

So try through "quick launch" right click "exec as ..." (normally 2nd from above) and try connecting to the server with the admin user you have used during install, go in admin console and check your sec. profile.

Or web.config file is corrupted than please delete your PC_MS folder and see if after is ok.

Kind regards

Roberto

0 Kudos

Hi Albert,

Did you update the SSL information in the Server Manager ?

if so, do you get a SSL certificat warning before receving the error message you mention ?

Kind regards,

Samuel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto

We have tried to delete the PC_MS folder, as you mentioned, but we are still getting the same error.

Thanks so much for your collaboration.

Kind regards,

Albert Mas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Albert

Have you tried the resolution steps in the SAP Note; 1551657 - Error: "The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized."

Hope this helps

Kind Regards

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

The UserPassword KeyID value in the tblServerDefaults table is exactly the same as the UserPassowrd value of the Web.config file.

Moreover, We are not interested to change the Login credentials in the BPC Server Manager. Is there any reason We should change the Login Credentials ? (doing then the resolution mentioned in the SAP note).

Thanks so much for you collaboration.

Kind regards,

Albert Mas

0 Kudos

Hello Albert,

Do you get a SSL certificat warning before receving the error message you mention while attempting to browse the page ?

Are you connected on the machine with a windows account that corresponds to a known BPC account ?

Otherwise, could you please check the current setting of the "User Authentication" in the IE security options for the zone the Osoft web site belongs to ?  

If you switch back to HTTP configuration rather than SSL, are you able to browse again the Osoft page ?

If so, could you please shortly summarize the steps you follow to enable the SSL with BPC ?

That may help me to understand what's wrong.

Kind regards,

Samuel

former_member186498
Active Contributor
Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I will try to summarize the actions we have performed in order to have the SSL certificate configured with SAP BPC MS 7.5 SP07 and our current configuration.

As previously mentioned we have a multi-server architecture with both Windows 2008 R2 servers for BPC and SQL 2008 R2. Our BPC was working properly before starting the SSL configuration, so the customer decided to move to the SSL platform.

This is the configuration of our IIS 7.5 for the OSoft Web Site:

• Authentication: Impersonation, Basic and Windows Enabled

• Default document: Launch.aspx

• SSL Settings: Not Required, Client certificates accepted

• Web folder permissions: enabled for Users, Administrators and IIS_IUSRS

This is the configuration of the SQL Reporting Server:

• Service Account: our administrator account

• SSL Certificate properly configured:

• Database on the remote server with the administrator account (connection test is successful and no errors in the logs):

• Report Manager URL configured to default:

• Reports web folder is only accessible with the administrator user. Individual users are not allowed
  • Every DataSource is properly configured with the administrator account and connection test is successful (screenshot in Spanish):

• With this configuration we managed to have BPC for Excel and Admin working properly without errors. Previously a “Connection with Reporting Server” error message was stored in the tblLogs table in AppServer Database each time we tried to perform an administrative BPC task such as processing an application or a dimension

BPC Server Manager configuration:

• Reporting Server, Application Server and Web Server name configured with the public DNS and HTTPS except for the Reporting Server that was not working with HTTPS and we left it configured with HTTP (all with standard ports):

• SQL BPC Configuration tables in AppServer database properly configured
  • tblAppSetInfo:

• tblAppSetServerInfo:

• tblServerInfo:

• We have already tried to reset the Keys located in the Keys table in the ReportServer75 database

With this configuration we are able to connect via SSL with BPC for Excel and Admin but we are not able to navigate to the admin page, as we are getting the 401: Unauthorized error message:

Even though we are able to access a test html file located in the same folder:

By the way the error message we get when accessing the URL inside the server is slightly different:

We have already performed the actions explained in the mentioned SAP Notes except for the “reinstall BPC” which we do not consider an option currently.

Any hint or suggestion will be very welcomed as we have tried to solve this issue for a long time without success.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Albert Mas

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Albert,

i see that in my server options all the server name, even SQL, OLAP etc., are full domain, please try this.

I've even setted a Local path for APshell DB but I don't think that it will change something.

Kind regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Albert,

The two root cause options you have mentioned are related to the SSL. Does this mean that you didn't get this message before SSL configuration?

Regards,

Mahmoud

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahmoud,

Before SSL configuration, I did'nt get this message and I could access to this link without problems.

So this problem should come after applying the SSL configuration.

Kind regards,

Albert Mas