Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery cost is not getting inventorize

former_member290583
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

we have configured the delivery cost to be inventorized. but when we are processing the PO, the delivery cost is not hitting the inventory account, it is hitting to different account.

I have checked in Pricing procedure, we maintained the Acc key and accruals as FRE for this delivery cost condition type. and in obyc we have maintained the G/L 230000.  and also in condition type definition its maintained Condition cat. as Delivery cost.

please suggest some solutions.

Regards,

Channa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Solution within in your thread!

If you want delivery cost to be inventorized, then why you maintained the G/L 230000 in OBYC t.code.

As needed  delivery cost to be inventorized, then no need to assign any  Acc key and Accruals key in Pricing procedure(M/08), just keep it BLANK for delivery cost condition type.

Also check delivery cost condition type (M/06), Accrual check box should not be selected in control data-2 segment and keep condition category BLANK in control data-1 segment

No need any OBYC assignment with the G/L 230000

Just do above and create a fresh PO and see how delivery cost adding NET PRICE in PO and do Goods Receipt and check your expected accounting entries!

If you want delivery cost will post to separate G/L account and also added to inventory account,then do below setting:

In t.code: M/06,for delivery cost condition type keep condition category BLANK and maintain X-Negative value in the plus/minus field in control data-1 segment and Accrual  check box must be flagged in control data-2 segment and save.
In t.code: M/08, assign delivery cost  condition type  in MM pricing procedure and assign acount key and accrual key and save.
In t.code:OBYC, maintain G/L account 230000  for accrual key  and save.

Now create a new PO, do GR and then carry out Invoice verification and see the results of accounting entry.

More check link:
http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPLO/Posting+planned+delivery+cost+to+Non-inventory+account

Regards,

Biju K

ajitkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i have noticed that everything in pricing procedure will add to BSX unless checkmarked as statisitical entry. ( exception-  inventoried taxes from tax procedure )

if you make a condition accrual and then checkmark statisitical in procedure, accrual has precedence.

former_member290583
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Bijay.

but,  I have mentained the acc key and accruals and also the G/L acc in obyc. I would like to know why the frieght cost is hitting to the different account. as per my assignment in obyc this freight cost should hit to the acc (i.e. 230000).  that is not happening. freight cost is hitting to the different G/L acc (i.e. 110950)

At GR, acc entries are correct, but at the time of IV this freight cost is hitting to different acc.

Regards,

Channa

ajitkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

will you open the accounting document from the material document ; in MIGO display document info ( tab) > FI documents and post the screen shot of that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you have mentioned in your earlier post 110950 is a raw material account. The reason I could think why freight hitting to ROH account is that

• There might be some excess freight amount that got added in MIRO line item
  • There might be some unplanned deliver charges
  • freight did not got inventorised in MIGO

If you can post exact entries it would be easy to identfy. Or some screen shots of same

Regards

Manish

former_member290583
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Below is teh GR and IR entries,

GR Entries,

89                           110950  Raw Material - Stock       3,466.93

96                           230000  GR/IR Clearing Accou     2,930.99-

50                           230000  GR/IR Clearing Accou     85.00-

50                           230000  GR/IR Clearing Accou     29.36-

50                           230000  GR/IR Clearing Accou     421.58-

89                           110950  Raw Material - Stock       31,348.54

96                           230000  GR/IR Clearing Accou     26,515.94-

50                           230000  GR/IR Clearing Accou     764.96-

50                           230000  GR/IR Clearing Accou     265.62-

50                           230000  GR/IR Clearing Accou     3,802.02-

IR Entries,

31                           2958       Vendor Acco                35,135.00-

86                           230000  GR/IR Clearing Accou     2,930.99

86                           230000  GR/IR Clearing Accou     26,515.94

40                           230000  GR/IR Clearing Accou     4,646.91

89                           110950  Raw Material - Stock       851.86

86                           526400  Other Transac Losses     189.30

ajitkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what is the problem here?

everythng has hit your material account which is 110950

it appears the invoice is processed for a higher amount, which has also hit inventory.

if you wanted the accruals to be posted to some other account, probably you used a wrong key or assigned wrong GL to the key

former_member290583
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ajit,

I have assugned the G/L acc 230000 to the acc key in obyc. then then how come the system is picking the 110950. please need your input on this.

former_member290583
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ajit,

I have assugned the G/L acc 230000 to the acc key in obyc. then then how come the system is picking the 110950. please need your input on this.

ajitkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

unless you make a condition statistical it will get added to BSX.

if you make a condition as accrual type in condition maintenance and make it statistical in pricing procedure, accrual has precedence and it wont behave as statisitical.

if you want write the value only to accrual without bringing to material, maintain account and accruals in the pricing procedure, check mark statistcal for the conditon in pricing procedure( but the condtion should not be checked for accrual ) , while doing MIRO this conditions will be available. the value from MIRO will flow to the accrual gl without hitting the material account.

former_member186100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Channa,

First of all Do not use accounting key FRE as it is only used for purchase account management, for required accounting entries you have mentioned above. Use accounting keyFR1 and maintain it in front of freight  condition in pricing procedure. you will also need to maintain required GL code 230000 in OBYC for it . All other settings are fine.  .Try it in testing environment and then take it to production environtment.

Plus check while doing MIRO your freight amount is not different then rate mentioned in PO  In such scenario you are bound to get entry ininventory account instead of clearing account. example

PO ---     1 unit    Basic price 100 , Freight -- 10

GR --- 1 unit

accounting entries will be as follows

Inventory account dr.   110

GR/IR clearing Cr .  100

Freight clearing Cr.  10  ( G/L 230000)

IV -- 1 unit  amount 100  material and 12  freight

GR/IR clearing Dr .  100

Freight clearing Dr.  10   ( G/L 230000)

Inventory account Dr .  2     (which  i think is 110950 in your case)

Vendor Cr.   112

Warm regards

Avinash Goswami

former_member290583
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ajit,

ajitkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

pl take the accounting document number from MIGO display > put it in BSEG table. you will find that

110950  Raw Material - Stock       31,348.54    BSX    ( field KTOSL)

96                           230000  GR/IR Clearing Accou     26,515.94-          WRX

50                           230000  GR/IR Clearing Accou     764.96-   ( key of accrual )

50                           230000  GR/IR Clearing Accou     265.62-    ( key of accrual )

50                           230000  GR/IR Clearing Accou     3,802.02-   ( key of accrual )

notice that bsx entry is + while all other are -

by using accrual you are have the flexibility to accrue to a different GL

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I go with Avinash.. thts the way it works even you check accrual, statistics and alll.. Accruals and statistics keys only allow you to track the freight cost in different GL account but it will also update the inventory account.

former_member290583
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks for your valuable solutions.

Regards,

Channa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

With the below mentioned settings for freight condition type you can upload the delivery cost to inventory.

Condition class A   Discount or surcharge

Calculat.type   A   Percentage / Value / Qty

Condit.category B   Delivery costs

Statistical: Activated (Tick Marked)

Accruals: Activated (Tick Marked)

If Statistical & Accruals are not ticked then the value will be added to net price of the item.

Regards

Ayyallas

former_member290583
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have checked in sandbox with same configuration. its working fine and the delivery cost is hitting to inventory account via obyc settings. bt in production client its hiiting to different account.

Settings for condition types is as below

Condition class A   Discount or surcharge

Calculat.type   A   Percentage / Value / Qty

Condit.category B   Delivery costs

Statistical: Activated (Tick Marked)

Accruals: Activated (Tick Marked)

Statistical is not ticked & Accruals are ticked.

former_member186100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Channa,

I think there is nothing wrong with your config setting , hence there should be nothing wrong with result too.

Please note that for delivery cost you have following entries , please refer example below

PO ---     1 unit    Basic price 100 , Freight -- 10

GR --- 1 unit

GR/IR clearing Cr .  100

Freight clearing Cr.  10  (which  i think is G/L 230000 in your case)

IV -- 1 unit  amount 110

GR/IR clearing Dr .  100

Freight clearing Dr.  10  (which  i think is G/L 230000 in your case)

Vendor Cr.   110

in case you are getting any different accounting entries @ GR , do share them here.

warm regards

Avinash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have production access or a refreshed server check the OBYC setting for G/L account that is assigned to accounting key/accural key against the freight condition type.

And also tell us in which transaction you are checking that delivery cost is not getting inventorised. Is it in mIGO or MIRO. if in MIGO check OBYC else if it is from MIRO check the settings for unplanned delivery charges.

Regards

Ayyallas

former_member290583
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

System calculating the values as below ,

§  PO ---     1 unit    Basic price 100 , Freight -- 10

GR --- 1 unit

GR/IR clearing Cr .  100

Freight clearing Cr.  10  ( G/L 230000)

IV -- 1 unit  amount 110

GR/IR clearing Dr .  100 (230000)

Freight clearing Dr.  10  ( 110950 Raw material stock)

Freight  value should hit to the inventory acc i.e. 230000 ( via obyc).

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer my answer, its exactly the 2nd option where delivery cost posted with adding its amount to inventory account and also captured in separate G/L account.Your requirement is fulfilled.

Now for accounting entries, check your G/L account assignment in Debit abd Credit with accounting key (which assigned to delivery cost condition type) with t.code:OBYC with valution class and valution grouping code.As its Freight Clearing account ,so both G/L account entry is same in Debit abd Credit field.More On consult FICO Consultant.

Regards,

Biju K

kunal_ingale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

check if you have ticked the accruals in the Condition type , remove the tick and try

regards

Kunal

ajitkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

unless it is marked as statistical in the procedure, i think it should hit the inventory

former_member290583
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ajit,

I have checked its not marked as statistical in pricing procedure.

ajitkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you may check after deleting the condition and bringing the condition again in the procedure. you need to a create a new document after the pricing procedure is updated.

as far as i know, so long as statistical checkmark is not enabled in the procedure the entry will go to account maintained in BSX