Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Same document number continuing for different company code

former_member182379
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have two company codes  COMP1  and COMP2,  for the billing document type of SD  we are using FI document type as D1  and for the D1 document type we have assign one number range as  no.  26   from   1  To 10000. which is same for both the company codes, but as in FBN1  the numbers are maintain company code wise  so in   COMP1  the number increse as 1,2,3,4  and the same in COMP2, but is it possible if any Fi document is generated in COMP1  and if number is 1  then after that if any entry created in COMP2  the number should be 2  and so on.

regards,

zafar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188028
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Number ranges for documents are company code-dependent. You must

therefore create your number ranges for each company code in which

document type is used.

former_member182379
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have assign the document number to each company code properly, but the problem is we require number as conituing in different company codes, I am looking for any type of exit by which while selecting the next number I can pass the company code as per required  I have chekced the FM

GET_NEXT_FI_DOCUMENT_NUMBER,  with debuggiing but debugger not stop in this FM can you give the FM name which si use in VF01,VF02 for getting the next FI number.

regards,

zafar

former_member182379
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have checked the link

http://scn.sap.com/message/8592566

to have the same accounting document and billing document number as reply given system will get the accounting document number same as Billing document number,  but when i create first billing document in COMP1  system have given the billing number as 9800000 and the accounting same as 9800000  but when i create next billing in COMP2  system has given billing number as 98000001  which is OK  but accounting document is given as 98000000  in COOMP2  which we want same as 98000001.

regards,

zafar

former_member182379
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per link

http://scn.sap.com/message/8592566, the problem solve,  i had done a mistake of tick as exter. in COMP2  thats why system has taken the number as 9800000.

problem solve.

regards,

zafar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member189603
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my opinion in the standard SAP system, since the FI document range is given to the document number range id below the company code level, does a company code creates document within itself using the same number range and company codes cannot share the document number ranges.

Regards,

Saurabh Patni