cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL Opening Balances

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

One of our customer is recent live with SAP B1. User would like to add GL Opening Balances. I have been migrating balances as Journal Entries via DTW. However, user would like to enter Opening Balances manually using GL Opening Balances screen. I have read several threads about entering these manually and have a simple question. When entering balance in OB (LC) column, i understand that Debit would be a positive value and Credit is entered with -value. Is this correct? I beleive this works based on check box " Display Credit Balance with Negative Sign" under company details.

Since customer went live in the middle of year (start of April), user needs to enter ending balances of all GL Accounts ( Balance Sheet, P&L Accounts), correct? If so, does debit and credit values respects all accounts or do i need to enter different signs for different accounts. Please help me with appropriate answer.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes. user needs to enter ending balances of all GL Accounts if they are not 0. Debit and credit values should apply to all accounts.

If "Display Credit Balance with Negative Sign" is checked, Debit would be a positive value and Credit is negative.

Thanks,

Gordon

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes,you need to give sign for credit,and sign for debit while entering OB