cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Query: Purpose of User Group?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have created a small report with SAP query, and it is running successfully. But when try to view this report with another SAP user id, this report is not viewed in SQ01. I have assigned only my own id in user group. I could not underwstand why we give user id there.

Could you please explain the ussage of maintaining user group and other logic of this. only those user are authorized to use who are maintained in SAP Query user group?

Best Regards

Ruksana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

narasimhulu_konnipati
Active Contributor

Hi Ruksana,

Please have a look into the below post by an expert Nice document

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/10eab7af-0e54-2c10-28a5-87b47adbe...

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Rusksana,

Sometimes we create queries which are relevant to only some users.

Suppose you create a query which tells you credit limit of all customers and only managers must have access to it, thus for that query you define a user group and that user group contains ids of managerial level users only.

As SAP Query has no T codes in built for reports that you create you cannot manageits authorizations via Basis, thus you need User group.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Singh,

I put two user ids (my id +1) in one report but when I tried to use this with another user id I could not see this report in SQ01.

Could you please let know on that.

Regards

Ruksana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you followe these steps:

First change Query area to standard from global in SQ01/SQ02/SQ03

1. SQ02 - Define Infoset

2.SQ03 - Define User group

3. Assign users and infoset to user group

4. Create query in SQ01 using same infoset and usergroup.

PS: Just check when loggin with another user id and going SQ01 you select the Query area first in which you have created your query i.e. Standard area (Environment --> Query area).You might not be doing this when loggin with another user.

former_member184631
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Quick Views are user Specific Objects . To make a Quick View generally available , you must convert it into a Query. For this Go to T Code : SQ01 , Select a corresponding User Group.

Use Query->Convert Quickview Menu Path to copy & quick view to a Query that is accessible to all users in the user group.

You can also refer SAP Note : 550764

Hope it clears !!

Honey