cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Under what condition the "0RECORDMODE" in DSO will be filled?

YVL
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi, experts:

Really really need some help here:

1. I create a DataSource (file) and have a field (either UPDMOD or ROCANCEL, mapped to 0recordmode).

2. This Datasource has delta process set to "After images"

3. This DataSource has either Direct access allowed or Not allowed

4. Two infopackages, one for initializing  and the other for delta

5. I have 6 record in file, load with initializing infopackage

6. A standard DSO with default settings.

7. Transformation did not map 0recordmode

8. 6 record is successfully loaded into DSO and activated

9. I modified the file, but adding a new record and adding two new record and mark an existing one to be "D" (delete).

10. Delta infopackage into PSA ,successfully keep the "D" in the entry

11. DTP to DSO, in the new data table, the "D" disappears.  It does not exist in the column "RECORDMODE".

What did I do run?  Under what condition I will be ablel to view the "D" in the new data table of DSO and activated table?

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The type of values that will be populated in the recordmode field depends on the type of delta supported by your datasource.

In case of AIE (After Images at time of Extraction) datasource, "D" wont be available.

Go to RSA2 and check what is the delta type of your datasource.

Then go to table "RODELTAM" . In this table against  each delta type you can find what values of Record Mode are possible.

Let me know if you require more info on anything mentioned above.

Regards,

Sid

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For delta type AIE recordmode D is not possbile.  That means it cant handle deleted records.

Check this document for better understanding of recordmodes.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/5080c337-81e5-2c10-97af-8929424f3...

Regards,

Aravind.

former_member186082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Values for 0RECORDMODE depends on the delta type of the Data source. As your Data source is of AIE type, it generates only After images. Go thought this document for better understanding on 0RECORDMODES. How the data will be generated for different type of Data source types has been explained with example

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-12223

Regards
Chandu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra Sekhar , Aravind Nag M ,

Does it necessary to map 0Recordmode in the transformation in case of dataload is between DSO -> Cube or DSO -> DSO?

How does it impact here?  Kindly suggest.

Regards,

Antony Jerald.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

On a related note, if your Datasource supports "D" and you are getting it in PSA but not DSO, probably you have not mapped it in the transformation (under technical field mappings), in this case all records are treated as After Images (since blank values will be populated for this fields and reordmode = blank implies after image).

If you map the recordmode in transformation than this record will be available in your change log table with appropriate recordmode value.

Regards,

Sid