cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flow Defintions in MW

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello can someone please explain me how to check flow definitions in CRM?

I allways see, MI0 and MO1, but never see MI2, MO2, MO3.... etc... when will they be called?

What does validation Service do? (i see validation Services are maintained in table SMW3BDOCIF.. does it vallidate the data? or something else).

Thanks a lot!

Marry.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marry

Not sure if you are looking for this information now but for others who are looking for same information, Pl check below links to understand message flow context,

http://www.erpgenie.com/sap/mysap/crm/flowcontext.htm

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm60/helpdata/en/fd/3d3be7dd7b11d3a6ee0060087832f8/content.htm

former_member209156
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marry,

There is no MI2 state.

MO2 is classified as a mBDoc Notification Multiple state. 

MO3 is called for mBDoc's during Initial Load. I don't have more details. (Both are only called for outbound processing but I guess you know this.)

There is a BDoc Message Flow Best Practice Guide attached to note 768503. That's where I got the above details from. This is the best referece I know of for this type of info.

Best regards,

Brian.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.. Brian, Thanks for the info.... Can you please let me know how does the system know what does 1, 2 3.... mean... in MO1, MO2, MO3...

Former Member
0 Kudos

mBDoc Validate            MI0, mBDoc Notification        MO1, mBDoc Notification Multip MO2, mBDoc Initial Load        MO3, mBDoc Direct Send         MO4,mBDoc Post Request        MO5, BDoc Post Rejection      MO6. Can you please let me know if all these flow contexts are called everytime something is changed in CRM? How does the system know which context need to be called?

regards,

marry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

mBDoc Validate            MI0, mBDoc Notification        MO1, mBDoc Notification Multip MO2, mBDoc Initial Load        MO3, mBDoc Direct Send         MO4,mBDoc Post Request        MO5, BDoc Post Rejection      MO6...can some one please let me know what do each of them mean? and one example if u r kind...

Marry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi... can someone please have a min for me?

former_member209156
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marry,

It all depends on how the flow is deifned for the particular BDoc in questions. Flow definitions for each BDoc can be checked in transaction SMOF8D. Each flow conext is nothing more than a sequence of servies (function modules), defined in this transaction.

Best rgeards,

Brian.

former_member209156
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marry,

SMW3BDOCIF:

This is the place to activate the mobile bridge (Field ACTIVE = “X”). In order not to override the default

processing, mobile bridge function modules must be added in the following contexts:

· MOA = mBDoc Notification (additional calls)

· MOB = mBDoc Notification Multiple (additional calls)

· MOC = mBDoc Initial Load (additional calls).

At the customer site, only table SMW3FDCUST should be maintained.

Attention: The flag “Mobile Bridge” (MOBBRIDGE) should only be used when the standard mobile bridge

function module should be overwritten by entries from table SMW3BDOCIF and field MOBBRIDGE.

Normally this is not required. Refer to the notes 629861 (CRM 4.0) and 632700 (CRM 3.X) to get more

information about the standard mobile bridge delivered by SAP.

The evaluation logic for outbound processing is "from bottom to top" of these tables. First, customer

enhancements in SMW3FDCUST are checked, then whether there are BDoc type specific entries in

SMW3FDBDOC. If not, the standard services from SMW3FDSTD are taken.

Hint: You can check the flow definition for each BDoc type within transaction SMO8FD. You will get a list

of all possible flow contexts with their assigned service functions modules (as assembled by the

configuration in above tables).

Best regards,

Brian.