cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moderators: Please Give Reason(s); or Give Back My Points

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Moderators,

1) Please give reason(S) for what reason you have locked this http://scn.sap.com/thread/3174020 thread. I had gained 10 points on this which are reduced now because of thread being locked. You must tell the reason/justification. I cant digest it. Please explain. I had made effort to answer this thread and got points as well and after 12 hours you have reduced my point.

2) Likewise recently I had posted a blog for which I got 10 points same was also removed and my points were reduced in that case too. This is ridiculous. Without giving reason how you do this? It took me hours to post that blog and you removed just in a second. Why? Please provide valid reason or give back my points.

This is my humble request to you, please provide valid reason.

Best Regards

Ruksana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

NathanGenez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. That thread has an inappropriate title and a poorly worded question. Your response wasn't locked, the thread was.

2. There are at least 5 blogs or documents that are created in the ERP space every day that should instead be created as discussion threads.  Throughout all of SCN the number is probably about 20.  If you subscribe to @SCNBlogs on Twitter, you'll see them.  I don't know why this is happening since [Start a discussion] is listed before [Write a document] or [Write a blog post] and I would hope that most SCN users are aware of the differences between them. Either way, the number of incorrectly created blogs and documents is unusually high.  Since there is no functionality in Jive to reclassify a blog post or document to a discussion thread, most moderators send a direct message to the member and then flag it for abuse so that they get an automated email notifying them that their blog/document has been rejected. If your blog was a valid blog and not a question, then it wouldn't have been deleted.  What did it cover?

As for points...  Most SCN members aren't too concerned about point totals.  This is a professional forum and many SCN members would like to see them removed entirely.  But if you're driven by them, you should consider contributing to the Wiki.

-nathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. I did not find any valuable points in you response, nothing is positive. No answer to my blog neither to the thread. If my response was not blocked, why my points were reduced.

2. My blog was a not question, it is something explaining sap functionality which most of the consultant dont know. How to Transport Tax code rate (%) via transport request.

3) Yes, I would love to have more and points. I want to become Active Contributor Platinum, without points I cant achieve that, What you think?

-Ruksana

NathanGenez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When the original post is marked for abuse and deleted, then everyone loses their points.  In the future, don't respond to questions that are in violation of the rules and this won't happen.

-nathan

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please guys, do not repeat the comment, dont waste your time in repetition or say something new.

Former Member
0 Kudos

New SCN, same old problems.

Forums polluted with basic questions and point hoarders all too eager to answer them.

Sadly, the great new functionality that means everyone can blog with ease is now creating the same problem with that type of content.

How someone who claims to be an SAP Consultant/Developer/Contractor/Learner cannot distinguish the difference between a Blog and a Discussion is beyond me.

Why someone would go to the effort of logging in to SCN, finding the correct space, posting a discussion, instead of just pressing F1 or going to help.sap.com or even trying to use Google is beyond me.

Why people appear to have the luxury of sitting at SCN all day, every day, answering basic questions in the aim of getting points is beyond me.

I must be missing something because the world of SAP I work in isn't & shouldn't be like this.

All of this increasing noise on here is reminding me why I have given up on SDN/SCN a number of times over the years...

Gareth.

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Gareth,

I agree with you on principle but please keep in mind that SCN is a growing, global community. Those that are not fluent English speakers or new to social media may have difficulty grasping the difference between a discussion, blog or document.  I wouldn't discount someone based on this because many of them are still very talented and knowledgeable on SAP. Maybe it's time that social media 101 be added to university curricula.

The New SCN makes it much easier to have a full overview of what people are posting and how so that moderators can quickly spot content that doesn't quite fit.  (I spend about an hour doing this everyday across the entire site.)  The New SCN also makes it easier to report abuses and for moderators to deal with them.

I also like to think that the ability to post content immediately and without pre-moderation speeds up innovation and collaboration. Of course, we still need the community to any report abuses.

About Google, have you see this:

Thanks for sharing.

J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Moderators,

Could please answer to my query.

Blog: http://scn.sap.com/community/erp/financials/blog/2012/05/02/how-to-move-rate-of-tax-code-have-a-look

Thread: http://scn.sap.com/thread/3174020

I need my points back or explain the valid reason.

@ Who has blocked the thread and who has deleted my blog, why don't you reply to it.

Best Regards

Ruksana

NathanGenez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't know why it was rejected.  Given some of the problems SCN is having, I'd recommend recreating it.

-nathan

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

The thread was blocked due to its nature: basic and irrelevant for the benefit of the community. Normally, SCN users are expected not to answer such questions, endorsing posting basic questions, but report these threads via 'Abuse reports'. Answering to this type of questions should not be resulted in obtaining points.

Concerning the blog: I don't know when and by whom it was removed, but, frankly, in this blog you are describing standard SAP functionality. I'm not sure that this should be considered as a 'blog'.

Regards,

Eli

P.S. Please, refer this type of questions to 'support SCN' forum.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Eli,

What ever post on SCN, Document, Blog,Wiki etc. We always try to explain standard functionality. Do we ever explain our z developments here.

Well I am not seeing any positive reply here so, making myself understand to forget about getting earned points back.

Best Regards
Ruksana

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ruksana,

Not exactly. Standard - yes, basic - no. You'd agree with me that the thread in question could not be defined other but basic. It's clear that the author of the thread didn't bother to make a simple search for the subject he was asking about. Such threads are not allowed on SCN forums.

As for the blog, it's dedicated to share your unique experience with SAP implementation, some out-of-the-box solution, etc. I'm afraid, we will face thousands of blogs, if users decide to publish SAP standard functionality. I guess, this won't be beneficial for the SCN community, don't you think?

I'm sorry, that my answers are not to your satisfaction, but we all have to try following SCN rules as best as we can.

Best regards,

Eli

NathanGenez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I've moved the thread to the SCN Support area.  Hopefully someone from SCN will be able to re-publish your blog.

I agree with Eli that the blog is basic in nature.  The point of a blog is to provide a unique insight or experience that you might have on that topic area.  If the content is just a step-by-step guide on how to do something, than usually a Wiki is a better place for it.  Either way, please continue contributing.

-nathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nathan

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I have to agree with Eli about the blog: these are for you express your point of view or share your thoughts on something. Procedures and how to content should be shared as a document.

Please see

There are very good reasons to follow these guidelines: users anticipate certain type of content being posted in these formats.  When there's no consistency, the system breaks down on several levels (RSS feeds, Twitter feeds, search, filtering, etc.). 

The easiest way to resolve this is just to post the blog contents as a new document.

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Eli is spot on regarding the thread. We've passed 3,000,000 threads and have close to 20,000,000 replies on these: additional 'clutter' in the form of duplicate questions, poorly composed queries and redundant threads makes it hard for other users to find useful, relevant content.

Sometimes it's better to hit Report Abuse than Reply.

J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear i told you already that this post is going to be locked by moderator .