cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing warning message to error message - Entry Sheet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

When I try to cancel an entry sheet that already has an invoice, the system shows me the following message: Message 11388 - "An invoice already exists for this entry sheet"

This message in your system is only an warning system, but I'd like to turn it an error message, how can I do that?

I tried go to SPRO --> Materials Management --> Purchasing --> Environment Data --> Define Attributes of System Messages --> System Messages

But I didn't find there the me message mentioned above.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Rodrigo Amorim

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mathewgeorge
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Rodrigo,

The setting lies in the t-code OMBZ (Rev.  GR despite invoice). Don't permit the reverse movement type there to make GR when invoice  is already there  by removing the tick for movement type 102.

Matthew

Former Member
0 Kudos

Matthew,

It's a little git weird, because the tick is removed from movement type 102 and I still can cancel an entry sheet even though the invoice has been posted.

I'm attaching our OMBZ configuration.

Thanks.

Rodrigo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Matthew,

It's a little git weird, because the tick is removed from movement type 102 and I still can cancel an entry sheet even though the invoice has been posted.

I'm attaching our OMBZ configuration screenshot in my last message.

Thanks.

Rodrigo

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OMBZ customizing is only taken into consideration if the indicator for GRbasedIV is set.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jügen,

The PO used to create the Entry sheet has the checkbox GRbasedIV set. I mean, even though this option is ticked, the system still allow me cancel the entry sheet.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Service entry sheet is different than normal goods receipt, it does not check at all against the GRbasedIV and OMBZ cusotmizing.

Message 11 388 is just a hardcoded warning message which cannot be customized to an error message

It is issued in 3 programs:

LMLSRF0S

LMLSRF10

LMLSRF23

And the coding is like that:

* Pruefung/Warnung Storno

if not storno is initial.

peRFORM CHECK_COMPRESS.

if betz-remng ne 0.

message w388(11).

endif.

endif.

There is no alternative coding as it is when the program forsee that a message can be customized.

you can check this yourself in SE91, enter message class 11 and number 388, then click where-used button

SAP will list the programs where this message is issued and when you double click the coding line you get into the ABAP and can see the complete coding

Former Member
0 Kudos
JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want a hard stop, then you need to modify this coding to your needs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I appreciate you prompt response I will review these 3 programs and modify them with an ABAP

Thank you Jürgen L

Best Regards!

Answers (0)