cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create and drop text file in MII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am fairly new to MII. I'm looking for a way to generate a string from a resultset of a query and write this string to a .txt file. This file needs to be dropped on another server.

I made my query which gives me the resultset I need. I can't seem to find the right action to concatenate a string from this. And to write this string to a file. I checked the 'write file' action which should contain a 'message' in the properties but it doesn't.

So which actions should I use for this?

Any guidance would be great!

Philippe

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Phillippe,

Look in the action block folder named Web.  Use Text Saver for your purposes.

Regards, Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

This could work, thank you!

I still need to assemble the content of the text file by concatenating variables.

Can I do this in the link editor expression? Or do I need a specific action for this?

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use the Link Editor concatenation operator "&".

Regards, Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any idea on how to pass credentials using this action? (Username and password)

Sap guide says: 'This action block supports basic HTTP authentication. You can specify that authentication in the LoginName and LoginPassword parameters.'

It does not say how to fill these parameters.

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can include those parameters in the url.  Check the doco for Runner for an example (used to be there)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seems it is only possible to pass credentials when using 'Loader' not 'saver'.

Can't seem to find the right Action to just save a txt file while passing login/password.

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What version and build of MII and NW are you working with?  Also where are you saving the file?