cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning to work on Generic Extractors to replace 2LIS_13_VDITM..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Thank you gurus for all your support.

The requirement is like,

We have 2 standard data sources from R/3 which are running from more than 8 years.

The data sources are:

è 2LIS_13_VDITM

è 2LIS_12_VCHDR

The flow is a standard data flow .

Now the client is planning to copy/move all the data to ZTABLE. In this case I think the extraction will not work anymore.So I need to  create Generic extractors to pull the data.

If I do so, what all problems/issue will I face??

Kindly put some light.

Thanks,

Sanjana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

VijayetaSharma
Active Contributor

Hello Sanjana,

è 2LIS_13_VDITM,

2LI2LIS_12_VCHDR are the Lo Cockpit datasources which have data from standars tables. As you are saying that client is copying data to Ztable . But data will still remain in standard tables... And those standard table will continue to get filled with standard tables. If this is a case then there is no need to create generic datasource

Former Member
0 Kudos

You wil have to build generic extractor. And to manually set the delta extraction on some field of ZTABLE (for example, date of creating). You also have to set appropriate safe intervals for delta (some data will be load more then once). So, if you using only cube in your model, you'll have to add DSO maybe.

former_member186445
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should find yourself another client...  How will they put all this standard data in a Z-table? you should always have the data in the standard table? double check. if a number of fields are only available in the Z tables you can always load them via an user-exit. The delta issue then can be solved by usings BTE. there is an how to paper on the net for a step by step.

M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Just Follow the Generic extraction Steps and you need to map the fields accordingly at present and aslo adjust the routines if any.  and use always the delta type genric extractor based on some fields.

Apart from this no more issues, you will be encountered

Regards,

Suresh