cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Load test

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Could you tell me the methods followed for MDM Load test?

What are the points to be taken care while MDM Load test

Thanks in Advance

Regards,

Antony

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antony,

I would say Load testing is a subset of Performance testing.

Please refer this below url for more understanding of load testing;

http://www.soapui.org/Load-Testing/concept.html

So Goal is to find metrics for system performance under high load by this I mean MDM Server and its components should not be unresponsive. Repository and Server should not be down because of higher loads. It should be working absolutely fine and should timely response.

For this you can check mass upload of data i.e. higher volume of data gradually from small loads and check if it gives any -ve impact on MDM Server and its components in terms of unreponsive (longer response time), repository hang etc which should not be happened. If you are using Portal for record creation or update using webervices, java apis, you should same way look out for that your webservices and portal should not be unpresponsive (timed out), should not be down while uploading mass data etc. All MDM and related portal systems etc should be always up and running.

Regards,

Mandeep Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep/Ravi,

Thanks for the response.....Now i understand the load test concept

Can you please tell how to overcome the MDM performance issue in following scenario

1. Increase in the Repository data in rapid manner
  2. Time out in Web services when larger data is in import port
  3. Import and syndication time is getting increased
  4. CRUD process is taking more time on Data Manager

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Antony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antony,

To achieve further performance enhancement you will have to optimize various parameters.

Performance depends on various parameters like sizing,hardware,users,network,data model etc.

So based on repository operations ,relevant log and traces,reports and various tests one has to arrive at few particular pain areas.

Now coming to your question:

1.Increase in the Repository data in rapid manner

I think here you mean faster import through MDIS,please correct if I am wrong.

Performance can be low due to various reasons,you can do following -

Optimize MDIS.ini file parameter:

Chunk size

Default value is 50000,this value governs the number of records to be processed at a time.

No. Of Chunks Processed In Parallel  - default is 5.

MDS.ini setting:

Client Ping Timeout Minutes

1. Number. Causes the MDM Data Manager (Client) to send a ping to the MDM Server after the specified number of minutes of inactivity. Use to keep the socket connection active on networks where inactive sockets are killed by the system. Default is 0 (no pings).

Inactive Client Timeout Minutes

1. Number. Minutes of inactivity to allow from a client (MDM application, API, service, etc.) before the MDM Server starts sending ping packets to the client. Used to clean up dead connections on networks which kill inactive sockets. If the connection is alive, the pings succeed and nothing else happens. If the connection is dead, the ping attempts ultimately fail and the network informs the MDM Server that the connection is dead. Default is 0 (disabled).

Session Timeout Minutes

1. Number. Causes MDM Console, CLIX, and applications based on the new Java API to expire after the specified number of minutes elapses. Default is 14400 (24 hours). When set to 0, sessions never time out

Port setting - File Aggregation count - 1 (default).You can tweak it slowly to get desired results.

In addition to this if Map has lesser conversions,manipulations,fields or is less complex it gives a better performance.

Additionally please refer to SAP note 1258982 and SAP note 1012745.

Please feel free to mail me.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for your detailed response..

Regards,

Antony

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antony,

This is just another term given to Volume test,one can also call it as performance testing or Stress testing.

Like any test you will have to define the areas or scenarios you will be covering  - You can cover Import,syndication,multiple user logging,page refresh or load,response time of GUIs,response time of Iviews,Bulk Data manipulation,Impact of change tracking on MDS,automated and manual Import/syndication.

The outcomes - Expected vs observed results.

One has to have a script for activity level and scenarios at a higher level.

This test can paint a picture of system performance and hence areas of improvement.

Thanks,

Ravi