cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to pick production order batches in batch determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

how to pick production order batches ,where production order is released and a batch is assigned ,But Prod order is not Yielded yet . I have this Batch avaliable in the the system . In higer level component when i do Batch determination for this component system doesn't pick this batch .If i assign the Batch and do batch determination i get this in batch determination screen as Avalible Qty '0.0' with A WARNING MESSAGE "

Shortfall below avail.qty for batch SR0002 in storage loc. amounting to 1,204.000 ML

"  .

Is there a way to assign prod. order batches which are not yielded yet ?

Eg :

BOM  

H.comp

comp1

Production order for COMP1   .Production order Released with Batch assigned 'SR0001' .

Process Order for H.comp ->in Material list --> assign batch 'SR0001' for COMP1 and do Batch Determination .System doesn't pick this stating the Above error message.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sree,

You may find the previous posts on this topic, useful.

Pls. refer to the link below

http://scn.sap.com/thread/837501

Thanks

Senthil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the refered post is too generic and doesn't explain  my  scenerio mentioned above .Can you please be more specific to my scenerio because batch determination works fine  for me .

Thanks,

sree

svs_sap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Hope you have assigned batch determination strategy correctly, then the meaning of this error is , you do not have stock in this storage location under this batch or stock available is not sufficient.

Kindly check the stock for the component.

Regards,

Sharat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How will the Batch has a stock if the Batch is not Yielded yet .is there a way if batch is not yielded and still we can assign a production order batch during Batch determination.

Thanks,

sree

svs_sap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You are right. You mentioned you have assigned the batch in the order with zero quantity

"If i assign the Batch and do batch determination i get this in batch determination screen as Avalible Qty '0.0' with A WARNING MESSAGE "

when the batch is available for the component you can assign it but the system will check for the stock and it found the shortfall, hence you got the warning.

Yes it is possible to assign batched which are not yeilded.

Regards

Sharat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what config do we need to do for batches which are not Yielded  yet,but in batch determination ,system pulls those batches taking the Production order Qty in to account .

Thanks,

sree