cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is SAP Cloud - Implementation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks

Could someone provide some inside view on SAP Cloud Computing ? I read lot of block from SDN and Online site

but still trying to identify , where exactly this particular elements fits.

Since iam from Portal Background. I looking over Cloud as  " Is it a Technical stuff , is so  On what technology is the cloud operating" ?

Secondly could somebody provide some inside view over it. As like wat is the area does cloud support?

What is the major difference between the SAP Cloud and SAP Mobile developments.

• SAP Managed Tags:

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

I'm not sure if you've had the chance to visit the newly launched SAP NetWeaver Cloud Developer Center yet, but it provides more (detailed) information about the SAP Cloud solutions...

thanks,

thia

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

I saw that this post was not answered and wanted to let you know about an event we're having "SAP: A CIO's Perspective" at October 21 @ 2PM, during which a CIO of 17 years talks about his experience implementing, hosting and managing a retailer's SAP applications.

He will be available to answer all of your questions and anyone else's questions around SAP. He'll be talking about the right mix of onshore and offshore components for SAP, the pros and cons of hosting SAP yourself, his deployment of SAP HANA and much more.

It's a great opportunity to get real world advice and information on SAP from someone with real experience. You can register here.

I hope this helps,

Amanda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kumar,

Maybe this short, introductory whiteboard video will give you the overview you need. It should give you a baseline for what SAP Cloud covers and then you can dig deeper into the areas that interest you.

Dinesh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJT2UY_5XaI

matt_steiner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As Siva said, your questions are very broad in scope. As you mentioned you are coming from the Portal area, the SAP NetWeaver Cloud Portal may be of interest to you:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

The answer to your question is very broad in scope and depends on your starting point: middleware, infrastructure, development, deployment, etc.

I suggest that you check out some of our blogs on various aspects mentioned above. Particularly, I recommend readin blogs from Judson Wickham, Christian Happel, Sina Moatamed, Andreas Eissmann, and others.

Additionally, you should aslo subscribe to our Cloud newsletter which brings some tutorials and other tips every quarter.

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar...thanks for your comments. You asked about the difference b/w cloud and mobile. There are certainly points of overlap, but it's probably best to consider that the cloud piece is tied mainly to providing services and data, whereas mobile is about putting apps and functionality onto mobile devices. I encourage you to spend some time reading the documents and blogs in the SCN mobile space:

SAP for Mobile: http://scn.sap.com/community/mobile

Hope that helps.

SDenecken
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Best check the Sapphirenow sesions on the live platform and also my blogs in blogs.sap.com/cloud/