Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installation of BI content dashboards

lakshminarasimhan_n4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using SAP BI 7.3 with latest service pack and latest SAP BI contents.

The "dashboards" are delivered along with SAP BI content in SAP BI 7.3.

Now my users wants to see the standard dashboards and i need to install them.

All of the dashboards seems to be dependent on SAP Bex queries only.

I have checked via RSA1---> dashboard---->data flow before

1. Has anyone installed BI content dashboards? if so what are the precautions to be taken? Please suggest.

2. Also in case of dashboards using BEX queries. For the access to BEX queries, you need have a connection to BI system maintained in the CMC. I am having the connection maintained.

3. First we need to publish the dashboard to SAP BEx and launch them via the portal. I think this is mandatory step and should be done if we want to see the dashboards via BI portal. Then We need to publish them to repository via BI launch pad, so that user can login via launchpad and then access those dashboards, am i right?

4. Do we require BI Java to work with Dashboards? Is it mandatory to install BI Java?

Please let me know if my understanding is right and guide me gurus.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

mohan26050908
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi Narayana,

I am too having same problem?

I am fallowing RDS Document.

I am using BW 7.3 SP6 AND BO 4.1SP3

have you found any solutuons , if you found please share....

Advance thanks

Mohan

lakshminarasimhan_n4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Any updates available gurus?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1)I dont think standard default Dashboards available particularly for BI Content.

2)In BO XI R3.1 Version ,you need to create Universe on top of BEx Query.Then by using the Universe you have to create Web I Report Or Qwass.By using Live Office(Web I),Qwass then you can create the Dashboard .Once if you export the portal ,then using InfoView(BI Launch Pad) the users can see the dashboard.

In case of BO 4.0 ,you can directly connect to Bex Qwery means no need to create the Universe.

3)If you want some standard models you can find in Xcelsius tool itself.

In Xcelsius....File -->Templates.

4)In BI Launchpad ,while opening  InfoView(BI LaunchPad)the first time in any system it ll give automatically a popup JRE ,then click yes.It ll update automatically.

5)Take the requirement ,for which reports the client want to see,then design them based on Step2.

Thanks & Regards,

Venkat P

lakshminarasimhan_n4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Venkat.

From 7.3 BI standard dashboards are provided.

1. Has anyone installed BI content dashboards? if so what are the precautions to be taken? Please suggest.

2. First we need to publish the dashboard to SAP BEx and launch them via the portal. I think this is mandatory step and should be done if we want to see the dashboards via BI portal. Then We need to publish them to repository via BI launch pad, so that user can login via launchpad and then access those dashboards, am i right?

3. Do we require BI Java to work with Dashboards? Is it mandatory to install BI Java?

nikhil_joy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshminarasimhan,

I don't have experience in installing BI content. But the point 2 which you have mentioned is not correct. Normally dashboards which are built using BICS connectivity(accessing BEx query directly) are published in SAP BW and launched through portal. Right now there is no option to publish these dashboards in BI launch pad. The only possibility is giving the url of the dashboard published in portal in BI launch pad as a url object. That is just a hyperlink to portal location and you will have to enter portal credentials.

So in short dashboard created through BICS connectivity cannot be published in BI launch pad. If you want to get dashboard with data in SAP BW in BI launch pad possible way is to create universe and live office or qaaws or directly access the universe through query browser(only in BI 4.0). But you cannot publish those dashboard in SAP NW. In the next release which is BI 4.0 FP3, the feature to publish dashboard created through BICS connectivity in BI launch pad is expected to include.

About your 3rd point, If you are going to use BICS connectivity, BI Java is mandatory.

Hope it helps you.

Regards,

Nikhil Joy

raju_saravanan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmi Narasimmam

I don't think, you will have standard dash boards available in 7.3. But you will have the query views to be used for the Xcelsius dash board from the business content (Xcelsius Dashboard).

Regards

Saravanan Raju

lakshminarasimhan_n4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nikil,

We are using SAP BO 4.0 SP15, i am able to open the BI content dashboards using only BEX queries, and then go to file menu in the dashboard and File---->"save to plateform" and i am able to login into launch pad and publish it into my repository as dashboard design object (*.swf). I am able to publish BW and then i hope i need to launch it into the BI portal, then the dashboard gets published in the BI portal. Can you please let me know, how to put the url of the dashboard published in portal in BI into the BO launch pad as an url object.

Here we dont have BI Java stack. As you told its mandatory, is there any other mandatory stuff for the dashboards?

raju_saravanan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmi

Query Views - This is just query views and used for the dash boards with external access. It doesnot mean this is dash boards.

If your aim is to integrate the Queries in to Enterprise Portal environment, you need to have JAVA stack (EP) installed & just adding as URL Iviews. This is like our BW Reporting.

Note: If your aim to create dash board, you can use this query as source for Dashboard desgn tooll, with the standard aggregation. If your aim to just use this query, than this is just our BW Query View.

Saravanan Raju