Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

call a component controller methods from a view

former_member186135
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a view v1 with context node c1and binded the context node c1 of it with the component controller so that the values entered in the view v1 are available.

now can i know how to access this values from component controller context node which i binded in a other view......

Thanks,

Prem

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prem,

Use the following code to get the reference of the component controller context node.

Lets assume the component controller context node name is partner.

DATA :     comp_controller      TYPE REF TO   cl_bp_head_bspwdcomponent_impl,

coll_wrapper            TYPE REF TO   cl_bsp_wd_collection_wrapper,

entity                      TYPE REF TO   cl_crm_bol_entity.

comp_controller ?= me->comp_controller.

coll_wrapper = comp_controller->typed_context->partner->get_collection_wrapper( ).

entity ?= coll_wrapper->get_current( ).

Now you can use the methods(like get_property_as_string) of class cl_crm_bol_entity to read individual attribute values.

Regards,

Sayan

former_member186135
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sayan,

I used below code,

* ztypedcontext is instance attribute in component controller class ZL_BP_HEAD_BSPWDCOMPONENT_IMPL

* zpopupcn is context node binded to component controller.

zpopupcn is an value node from structure and not model node..

DATA : comp_controller TYPE REF TO   zl_bp_head_bspwdcomponent_impl,
          lr_entity       TYPE REF TO   cl_crm_bol_entity,

comp_controller ?= me->comp_controller.

lr_entity ?=          comp_controller->ztyped_context->zpopupcn->collection_wrapper->get_current( ).

but i get exception shown below in second line of code.

Exception Details:

CX_SY_MOVE_CAST_ERROR - Source type

\CLASS=CL_BSP_WD_VALUE_NODE is not compatible, for the purposes of assignment, with target type

Method: ZL_BP_HEAD_BPHEADOVERVIEW_IMPL=>EH_XXXX

Source Text Row: 13

Message was edited by: Prem Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sayam ,

Try out the prem's code correctly ......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prem,

Create the context node in the component controller as well as in both the views between which you need to pass the data.

Bind the view context nodes with component controller context node.

Now you can simply access the view context nodes by the following code in the implementation class methods of the corresponding views.

DATA:  entity                      TYPE REF TO   cl_crm_bol_entity.

entity ?= me->ztyped_context->zpopupcn->collection_wrapper->get_current( ).

Hope it helps,

Regards,

Sayan

former_member186135
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sayan,

I have already created binding between context nodes of view and component controller

above code is not working as the me points to that corresponding view impl class where the context node is not present...(as i'm trying to access the values in other view not in same view)

i think the problem lies with the exception is that it is an value node and not a model node....

do you have any other ideas .....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prem,

If you would like to access a value node , declare lr_entity TYPE REF TO IF_BOL_BO_PROPERTY_ACCESS instead of TYPE REF TO   cl_crm_bol_entity.

Regards,

Nithish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prem,

I asked you to create the context node in both the views and bind both of them to the component controller context node.

Regards,

Sayan

former_member186135
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sayan,

Exception resolved by changing the declaration type of lr_entity to if_bol_bo_property_access

but now by using get_property_as_string the value is not returned...

Thanks,

Prem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prem,

check in debug mode whether data is populated in the context node...if not this will be a binding issue.

Regards,

Sayan

former_member186135
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sayan,

issues was due to component interface and now it is resolved...

i have one more question.....

how to set the values for last name, firstname, house address, postal code , country in the account management screen in bp_head component......i have to set the values for those fields from the popup. now i get these values in the view BP_HEAD/BP_HEADOverview on event EH_ONPOPUP_CLOSED(this is the set on close event triggered when popup is closed).

Thanks

Prem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prem,

First check what is the attribute, context node, view and component of the fields which you want to set. Now go to component workbench and check that particular context node. See if that context node is bound to any component controller context node or not. Now go to view BP_HEAD/BPHeadOverview and check if there is any context node which is bound to the same component controller context node. If it is, then set the view context attributes in the event handler using method SET_PROPERTY.

Please share me the technical details(the attribute, context node, view and component of the fields which you want to set and of the fields where the data is entered) so that I can explain the above approach in detail.

Regards,

Sayan

former_member186135
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sayan,

component : BP_HEAD

View: BP_HEAD/BPHeadOverview

I have called event EH_ONPOPUP_CLOSED when popup is closed in view BP_HEAD/BPHeadOverview and i get all the values entered in the popup here using below code.

lr_context_node = gr_popup->get_context_node( iv_cnode_name = 'ZPOPUPCN' ).
       lr_col_wrapper = lr_context_node->collection_wrapper.
       lr_entity = lr_col_wrapper->get_current( ).

IF lr_entity IS BOUND.
         lr_entity->get_properties( IMPORTING es_attributes = ls_data ).
       ENDIF.

now ls_data contains all the data entered in the popup ie. - firstname, lastname, house_no, street, city, postal code, country.....

now it have tried the below code to map/set the entries with the Account management - individual account creation screen.

data : ls_header         TYPE crmst_header_object_buil,        " BuilHeader
          ls_header1        TYPE crmst_address_buil,                 " BuilStandardAddress

ls_header-firstname     = ls_data-zfirstname.
       ls_header-lastname      = ls_data-zlastname.   
       ls_header1-house_no     = ls_data-zhouseno.  
       ls_header1-street       = ls_data-zstreet.      
       ls_header1-city         = ls_data-zcity.        
       ls_header1-postl_cod1   = ls_data-zpostcode.    
       ls_header1-country      = ls_data-zcountry.   
       ls_header1-telephonetel = ls_data-ztelno.        
       ls_header1-e_mailsmt    = ls_data-zemail.

entity ?= me->typed_context->builheader->collection_wrapper->get_current( ).

IF entity IS BOUND.
         entity->set_properties( EXPORTING is_attributes = ls_header ).
       ENDIF.

entity1 ?= me->typed_context-> BuilStandardAddress->collection_wrapper->get_current( ).

IF entity IS BOUND.
         entity1->set_properties( EXPORTING is_attributes = ls_header1 ).
       ENDIF.

but the problem is both the entity is INITIAL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prem,

You can set the attributes in the event handler EH_ONPOPUP_CLOSED. Add the following code in the event handler.

data : ls_header         TYPE crmst_header_object_buil,        " BuilHeader
         ls_header1        TYPE crmst_address_buil,                 " BuilStandardAddress

lr_entity            TYPE REF TO cl_crm_bol_entity,

lr_stdaddr          TYPE REF TO cl_crm_bol_entity.                   

ls_header-firstname     = ls_data-zfirstname.
       ls_header-lastname      = ls_data-zlastname.   
       ls_header1-house_no     = ls_data-zhouseno.  
       ls_header1-street       = ls_data-zstreet.      
       ls_header1-city         = ls_data-zcity.        
       ls_header1-postl_cod1   = ls_data-zpostcode.    
       ls_header1-country      = ls_data-zcountry.   
       ls_header1-telephonetel = ls_data-ztelno.        
       ls_header1-e_mailsmt    = ls_data-zemail.

lr_entity ?= me->typed_context->builheader->collection_wrapper->get_current( ).

IF lr_entity IS BOUND.
    lr_entity->set_properties( EXPORTING is_attributes = ls_header ).
ENDIF.

lr_stdaddr = lr_entity->get_related_entity( iv_relation_name = 'BuilStandardAddressRel' ).

lr_stdaddr->set_properties( EXPORTING is_attributes = ls_header1 ).

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Sayan

former_member186135
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sayan,

the problem was the entity is INITIAL since no root object is present. i have created the root object and set the properties for builheader and create_related_entity for BuilStandardAddressRel if it is not bound.....

the values are set to these structures when i checked in debugging mode. but the values are not displayed in the create individual account screen....

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think u r using context node in view is of different type as context node in controller.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prem,

i have same issue... pls let me know if you got the solution...

when i am trying to access the componnet controller context node from one of the view... there component controller entity is getting initial.

Regards,

Venkat

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prem,

If you want to use the component controller's context nodes in the other views of the same component , you can use attribute comp_controller and its context nodes directly.

Regards,

Nithish