Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barcode Integration with ERP

Nibu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi  Experts,

We have a requirement for the integration of Barcode with our ECC EHP5 system. I have checked few posts and it seems XI/PI is required for the integration.

Is it mandatory , or let me know the other way out please . Kinldy throw some light on installation and configuration part also .

Regards,

Nibu Antony

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

SAP R/3  supports printing using Barcodes.  There are various ways to attach Barcode capable devices to SAP. see below help file applicable for lower SAP versions

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/EN/d9/4a94c851ea11d189570000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

SAP R/3 4.6C further supports many types of input devices, including devices capable of Barcode scanning.

Even if I knew the region where your client is located, it would be inappropriate for any member of this forum to make any specific recommendations for consulting companies.  You can get a start on your search by using the SAP Partner finder

http://smepartnerfinder.sap.com/br/

regards

Narahari

-------------------

Nibu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you for the reply.

Location is Saudi Arabia. We basically looking to integrate Barcode device with SAP , so that the scanned Barcodes can be available with the ECC system . The document provided was good enough for printing , please throw some lights on scanning and integraton part .

Also PI is not a mandatory requirement I guess.

Regards,

Nibu Antony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nibu

PI is not mandatory unless you are connecting any other system .. You have to finalise Global Barcode standard type which your customer prefer to use .   From hardware  perspective  connect with your IT Infrastructure team ,therefore use of universal standard scanner devices can be used for scanning purpose.

Primarily , you need to check with your solution team about what are all the  processes the barcode label will be used. You need to design the Barcode label using barcode specific software application and those design can be stored in SAP output types to use it in process.

Hope this helps.

regards

Narahari

--------------

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member206650
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Nibu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks all for valueable inputs ... We have requirement for both Barcode printing and scanning. I will let you know the progress... Thanks all..

sachin_chauhan3
Participant
0 Kudos

sachin_chauhan3
Participant
0 Kudos

darcy_curtin
Explorer
0 Kudos

There is absolutely no requirement to use SAP PI/XI to connect external barcode scanners to an SAP ECC system.

As I'm sure you are aware, there are really four main components in a complete, real-time SAP barcoding system. The barcode scanners (mobile computers), the barcode labels that are scanned (or are generated by the system), the wireless network (that provides the physical real-time connectivity between the scanners and the SAP system) and the barcode system software that ties everything together and orchestrates the whole process.

With regard to how to connect the mobile computers to SAP, there are a variety of methods available both from SAP and third party vendors. One example is here: http://www.adc-to-sap.com