cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

temporary NI number UK payroll

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, experts,

Am not able to create a temporary NI number for UK payroll. Help, please.

Thanks,

Santoshini.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

harishtk1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As of 2006 or thereabouts, it is no longer permitted by HMRC to maintain Tempoary NINO numbers, and therefore SAP will not allow you to do it. What exactly is the error you are facing? It should allow you to save with a blank NINO field provided gender and date of birth are maintained.

Nadir
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Expert

These are Temporary Numbers which were used by employers, they did not know an individual's NINO.

Employers are no longer permitted to use TN numbers and they will not be accepted by the Quality Standard.

If an employee's NI number is not known, you were previously able to create a temporary NI number until you received the correct number. However, if an employee does not give you a valid NI number now, then the correct procedure is to leave the NI number field in this employee’s infotype Personal Data (0002) record blank.

If an employee also does not give you a valid date of birth, you must fill the birth date field in infotype 0002 with the default value of 01011901.

You can use a temporary NI number using the employee's data of birth and gender, in the format TNDDMMYYG, for example, a man (gender –Male) born on 19th Oct 1970 would be:

TN191070M

TN=Temporary Number

19=Date you born

10= Month

70= Year

Thanks & Regards

Nadir Sheikh

harishtk1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nadir, not sure why you thought I did not know what a temporary NINO is. The orginal question was aksed by somebody else, and I was just responding.

However, it is not permitted to maintain Temporary NINOs anymore. so if you try maintaing TNDDMMYYG as you suggested, system should throw an error.

It is however permitted to leave the field blank.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Nadir,

I did try with TN as the prefix but the system is not accepting....it is not part of the allowed prefix list....

thank you.

Santoshini

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Nadir
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sir Small changes TNDDMMYY  & One character space Then system will allow to save the details Thanks & Regards Nadir Sheikh

harishtk1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nadir,

System will not allow any NINO starting with TN to be saved. It is not part of the allowed prefix list.

And it is no longer allowed to store a temporary NINO. If NINO is not known, it is required to leave it blank, provided date of birth and gender are filled.

Please see Note 708984 - Temporary NINO : Legal changes to resolve all doubts on this issue. This is valid from 2004 and not 2006 as I stated in my earlier post.

I hope this gets resolved for the OP. as I really do not have much more to add on this subject.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Harish,

As u told, the system is accepting blank NI field rather TNDDMMYYM or F......

Thanks alot.

Nadir
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Harish

Thanks for sharing the knowledge through healthy argument

We implemented UK payroll & parallel testing is going on,

User still used tem. NI No. that’s why Employee & employer NI contribution wrongly deducted

Thanks & Regards

Nadir Sheikh

jayantvenkata
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello   

The reason why you are still able to create temporary NI numbers is due to Prefix TN still available in T5G43.

In the standard system in T5G43,we do not have the Prefix TN at all...

Therefore you can either remove the same from the table ,else have the end date changed to 31.03.2004, as temporary NI numbers are not allowed by HMRC effective tax year 2004.

I have checked this is our system where I tried to input an NI number TN318234C in infotype 002,and the system errored out stating :-

First two characters of the NINO are not valid

Diagnosis

The R/3 system cannot locate the prefix (first two characters of the National Insurance Number ) in the system table HR-GB NI Prefixes (T5G43).

Thanks and Kind Regards

Ramana