cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating project to Netweaver 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are migrating our Portal to 7.3 and I am migrating custom project from the ond one, thus I:

- exported a project from previous NWDS

- imported into NWDS 7.3

- right click on the imported project//Development Component / Convert to Development Component

I soved some problem with libraries and now the build gives only some warnings 

I have tried to 'deploy but it fails and it gives me the errors here below

Does anyone knows what it is the cause ?

I missed some steps ?

Thank you,

Luigi

******************************************************************************************************************************************

fatture [demo.sap.com]The Build terminated with errors

Archive file ' LocalDevelopment~fatture~demo.sap.com gen default deploy demo.sap.com~fatture.ear' not found.

Check problems view for error messages and create a new archive. 

[Error: com.sap.ide.webdynpro.archivebuilder.ActionDeployArchive  Thread[Worker-13,5,main]]

Build stopped due to an error: [Error]  Generation failed!      [Error: com.sap.tc.buildplugin.DefaultPlugin  Thread[Worker-15,5,main]]

[wdgen] [Error]  Generation failed due to errors (2 seconds)      [Error: com.sap.tc.buildplugin.DefaultPlugin  Thread[Worker-15,5,main]]

[wdgen] [Error]  Generation error while processing
            D:/SAP73/workspace.jdi/LocalDevelopment/t/584747A85110A57C821B8CF1A29399BE/gen_wdp/packages/constep/fatture/application/wdp/ResourceFattureApp.properties

(java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException)      [Error: com.sap.tc.buildplugin.DefaultPlugin  Thread[Worker-15,5,main]]

******************************************************************************************************************************************

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

udaykumar_kanike
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Luigi,

Looks like this issue is because of the supporting library files which you add while creating DC on NWDI. Previously you must have added JTechs 7.0, JEE 7.0 and JBuildt 7.0 SCAs and you are trying to deploy this in NWDS 7.3 environment where java run time is 1.6.  So, there are lots of incompatabilities.

Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried reinstalling the whole environment, that is:

- del NWDS 7.3

- del all JRE's/JDK's

- installed only JDK 1.6 (under Programs\Java I have   \jdk1.6.0_26   and   \jre6)

- installed NWDS 7.3

- imported the zip project from NWDS 7.0.15

- Repaired and Sync

Unfortunately, after have been fixed a couple of library problems, the \DC\Build reports the same errors mentioned before (here below copied).

At the moment, I got only WARNINGS of type  "deprecated":

could they justify the build error and the fact that it cannot proceed ?

how the lines in the build log and in the error log view should be 'read' to find the problem ?

Thank you,

Luigi

**************************************  BUILD LOG  ****************************************************

[wdgen] [Info]    Generating packages/constep/fatture/application/wdp/ResourceFattureApp.properties

[wdgen] [Info]    Catching throwable null

[wdgen] [Info]    java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

[wdgen]           at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor483.invoke(Unknown Source)

[wdgen]           at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

[wdgen]           at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

**********************************************************************************************************

************************************ ERROR LOG VIEW ************************************************

com.sap.logging.adapter 4 0 2012-05-30 13:12:52.299

[wdgen] [Error]   Generation error while processing D:/SAP73/Workspace.jdi/LocalDevelopment/t/584747A85110A57C821B8CF1A29399BE/gen_wdp/packages/constep/fatture/application/wdp/ResourceFattureApp.properties (java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException)

[Error: com.sap.tc.buildplugin.DefaultPlugin  Thread[Worker-91,5,main]]

com.sap.logging.adapter 4 0 2012-05-30 13:12:52.315

[wdgen] [Error]   Generation failed due to errors (2 seconds)

com.sap.logging.adapter 4 0 2012-05-30 13:12:52.315

Build stopped due to an error: [Error]   Generation failed! 

***********************************************************************************************

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

after have been repeating the steps to migrate project from 7.0 to 7.3, I found that the main issue was in the language choosen when importing the project.

I had to set the local language instead of the default American English and, after some other minor problems with java library dependencies, I managed to build and deploy.

Thank you,

Luigi

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi luigi ,

What was the language that you chose? Did you migrate local webdynpro project from 7.0 to 7.3 version. I am facing exactly same issue as yours.

Regards ,

Navya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navya,

I was importing projects from nwds/portal 7.0 to nwds/portal 7.3 (version details in the above history).

I solved  choosing  'Italian" , the original language of the projects.

I think you should check the original language of yours.

Luigi

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luigi,

I have same error, but I don't have LocalDevelopment. I connect NWDI and download and create WD DC project in my NWDS. After I migrate WD DC 6.40 to 7.3 with the wizard, but I have same error when I make built.

I don't know how to change language in my WD DC.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jim,

unfortunately I cannot help you.

The language setting, in my case, is requested at the import/conversion step (see above).

I can imagine that with NWDI the process could be different and maybe there is a general setting in NWDI that you should change.

Consider also that the error "java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException"   is not specific for language issues...

Regards,

Luigi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luigi,

thanks for replying.

This is my build log:

[wdgen] Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException

[wdgen] at com.sap.ide.metamodel.core.i18n.TranslatableTextProxy.getResourceType(TranslatableTextProxy.java:197)

[wdgen] at com.sap.ide.webdynpro.generation.runtime._Resource.vm_dumpTextPool(_Resource.java:135)

[wdgen] at com.sap.ide.webdynpro.generation.runtime._Resource.v_main(_Resource.java:83)

[wdgen] at com.sap.ide.webdynpro.generation.runtime.DefaultResource.v_main(DefaultResource.java:80)

[wdgen] at com.sap.ide.webdynpro.generation.runtime.DefaultResource.doGenerate(DefaultResource.java:56)

[wdgen] at com.sap.ide.generationfwk.velocity.runtime.CompiledTemplateBase.generate0(CompiledTemplateBase.java:232)

[wdgen] at com.sap.ide.generationfwk.velocity.runtime.CompiledTemplateBase.generate(CompiledTemplateBase.java:164)

[wdgen] ... 58 more

[wdgen] [Error] Generation error while processing C:/.../gen_wdp/packages/.../wdp/ResourceXX.properties (java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException)

[wdgen] [Error] Generation failed due to errors (3 seconds)

Ant runtime 4.524 seconds

Ant build finished with ERRORS

[Error] Generation failed!

Build stopped due to an error: [Error] Generation failed!

Regards.

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Luigi ,

I my case the original language is english itself.

I am trying to migrate the local dynpro project  from 7.0 to 7.3 version by importing local project in  nwds 7.3.

As local projects are not supported in 7.3 i converted it into DC and at that point of time its asks for lanuguage which is set as american english as the default language in my case is english itself. I used the repair option and tried to fix the issues with libraraies.

In problem view it doesnt show any error but when i build it it shows same remoteinvocationexception in error log.

Currently it gives me same error when i try to build and deploy

Regards 

Navya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found that the errors like java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException are not so exclusive and did not help much on troubleshooting.

I can tell you that many problem I solved in the migration were due to:

- language (as above)

- java build path to be filled like the old nwds project

- need of a DC library to be added as "Dependencies" of the project ( I think you did it )

In one case, I was not able to build while the same project was built on a pc of a consultant with the same configuration of nwds/java and the same libraries.

The troubleshooting with java is really a problem itself

Regards,

Luigi

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Luigi ,

I was able to import the local dynpro project and deploy it but now theres one more issue.

In my local dynpro project i had used models for backend connectivity (rfc) but now after migration i am not able to see those models . In your case had you used models and were they migrated?

Regards ,

Navya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have not experienced any problem with Model imported from 7.0 project.

Anyway, here is the procedure steps I mostly used:

- (NWDS 7.0 )     Open project - File / Export / Zip file

- Explode ZIP under a subdirectory under the  workspace directory of NWDS 7.3

(NWDS 7.3 )

-  File / Import / General / Existing projects into Workspace

-  select the aboce directory containing the ZIP exploded

- the project is added with a red "x" because is an older verion

- change perspective to "WEB Dynpro" Perspective

- right clic on the project imported  / Development Component / Convert Project to Development Component   --> (for location select the proposed  Local development -> MyComponents)

- choose the correct language (original)

- at the end the project appears in the list under [LocalDevelopment] NameOfTheProjec

Regards,

Luigi

govardan_raj
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi navya,

im facing the same issue , it is due to change of language can u please explain how to set the language again , so that it can build successfully

Regards

Govardan Raj

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Luigi ,

I my case the original language is english itself.

I am trying to migrate the local dynpro project  from 7.0 to 7.3 version by importing local project in  nwds 7.3.

As local projects are not supported in 7.3 i converted it into DC and at that point of time its asks for lanuguage which is set as american english as the default language in my case is english itself. I used the repair option and tried to fix the issues with libraraies.

In problem view it doesnt show any error but when i build it it shows same remoteinvocationexception in error log.

Currently it gives me same error when i try to build and deploy

Regards 

Navya.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

that's the all error log?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes...here below the exported log lines.

Luigi

***************************************************************************************************************

!ENTRY com.sap.logging.adapter 4 0 2012-05-23 17:05:06.023

!MESSAGE      [wdgen] [Error]   Generation error while processing
D:/SAP73/workspace.jdi/LocalDevelopment/t/584747A85110A57C821B8CF1A29399BE/gen_wdp/packages/constep/fatture/application/wdp/ResourceFattureApp.properties (java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException)      [Error: com.sap.tc.buildplugin.DefaultPlugin  Thread[Worker-8,5,main]]

!ENTRY com.sap.logging.adapter 4 0 2012-05-23 17:05:06.038

!MESSAGE      [wdgen] [Error]   Generation failed due to errors (2 seconds)      [Error: com.sap.tc.buildplugin.DefaultPlugin  Thread[Worker-8,5,main]]

!ENTRY com.sap.logging.adapter 4 0 2012-05-23 17:05:06.038

!MESSAGE Build stopped due to an error: [Error]   Generation failed!      [Error: com.sap.tc.buildplugin.DefaultPlugin  Thread[Worker-8,5,main]]

!ENTRY com.sap.logging.adapter 4 0 2012-05-23 17:05:06.241

!MESSAGE Archive file ' LocalDevelopment~fatture~demo.sap.com gen default deploy demo.sap.com~fatture.ear' not found. Check problems view for error messages and create a new archive.      [Error: com.sap.ide.webdynpro.archivebuilder.ActionDeployArchive  Thread[Worker-12,5,main]]

!ENTRY com.sap.ide.dii05.lib 4 0 2012-05-23 17:05:06.241

!MESSAGE Build

!SUBENTRY 1 com.sap.ide.dii05.lib 4 2 2012-05-23 17:05:06.241

!MESSAGE fatture [demo.sap.com]The Build terminated with errors

!ENTRY com.sap.ide.webdynpro.archivebuilder 4 0 2012-05-23 17:05:06.257

!MESSAGE Archive file ' LocalDevelopment~fatture~demo.sap.com gen default deploy demo.sap.com~fatture.ear' not found. Check the problems view for error messages and create a new archive.

***************************************************************************************************************

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

did you find any error in the problem view of nwds?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, but they are just "Warnings" (107) and  "Infos" (3).

Here is an example of warning

DescriptionResourcePathLocationType
ArrayList is a raw type. References to generic type ArrayList<E> should be parameterizedTableSorter.java/LocalDevelopment~fatture~demo.sap.com/src/packages/constepline 148Java Problem
SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the code at line 148 of tableSorter class. Can you paste the code here for us to check and also the lines of code above it (max 2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is the lines (last one is 148).

Consider that they are just warnings and the deploy stops because ov the above errors...

************************************************************************************************************

if (bindingOfPrimaryProperty == null || !bindingOfPrimaryProperty.startsWith(dataSourcePrefix)){

//no attribute found or outside of data source

column.setSortState(WDTableColumnSortDirection.NOT_SORTABLE);

continue;

}

String attributeName = bindingOfPrimaryProperty.substring(dataSourcePrefix.length());

Collection subnodes = new ArrayList();

****************************************************************************************************************

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

aah, i forgot its just warning..Looks some issue with your NDS plugins..

What is the version?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is the NDS version:

SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio

SAP NetWeaver 7.3 SP07 PAT0000

The error (java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException) is not helpful ?

*************************BUILD LOG ************************************************

[echo] Starting WebDynpro generator

[wdgen]

[wdgen] [Info]    Property deployment is true: Deployment information is provided!

[wdgen] [Info]    Property sourcepath ...

[wdgen] [Info]    Generating packages/constep/fatture/application/wdp/ResourceFattureApp.properties

[wdgen] [Info]    Catching throwable null

[wdgen] [Info]    java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

[wdgen]           at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor20.invoke(Unknown Source)

[wdgen]           at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

[wdgen]           at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

*********************************************************************************************************

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandip,

sorry for some precious info forgotten and thank you for the quick reply.

The old Portal rel. is 7.0 and the new one is 7.3

Yes, they are Web Dynpro apps!

We have not a CE environment thus custom projects were developed with NWDS 7.0.15.

This is why I installed the NWDS 7.3 to migrate apps.

I saw several posts but it seems to me they refer to issues in  NWDI environments.

Luigi

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what is the source Portal version?? is this a Web dynpro app?

Probably you may not have fixed the APIs (lot of changes in APIs in 7.3) and adjust the Web Dynpro app to the new run time..did you use the migration wizard to make it compatible to 7.3..

See this link for a detailed step by step on how to perform the migration

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/e9/546e60777641509a5e0dc5cd05675b/frameset.htm

Sandip