0 Kudos

1. How do I schedule jobs in Data services

2. Is there a way that a user can start a job without logging into designer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajarshri,

1. Please log on to DS Management console.

2. Choose the repository (local repo).

3. Navigate to 'Batch Job Configuration' tab, where you will see the list of jobs.

4. Against the job you want to schedule, click on add schedule.

5. Give that 'schedule' a 'name' and set the parameters (time, date, sysconfig, global variables, etc) as appropriate and click on 'apply.

Job will get executed on the date/time you spefied.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, Arun.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajarshri,

You can also kick off a job from DS Mgmt console with out loggin into designer.

Thanks, Arun.

rajarshi_muhuri
Active Participant
0 Kudos

DS Management console would require giving users high level access.  ( wont it ? )

but is there a way that we could have any user run a job by clicking in a icon/program that initiates the job.

or having a script to run the data Services job , and the script be called from JAVA /.NET UI on a windows .

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use .bat file to run the DS jobs and the scheduling part in the JAVA or .NET piece. Do the export execution command from console and that creates a .bat file. Call the .bat file in a exec command inside the script. It would look some thing like this

exec('cmd','Path of bat file',8);

Hope that helps.

Arun

rajarshi_muhuri
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I should have asked the questions seperately , so as to give both full points .

Thanks for pointing me out the scheduling option and the .bat option .

But now I need more details on export of batch jobs

1. when I export the job from management console , It says exported , but does not tell me where the job was exceuted .

2. can you explain me more of the syntax

exec('cmd','Path of bat file',8)

3. It seems that it can take substitution parameters, any pointers n that .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajarshi,

1. When you export the batch file, the job DOES NOT get executed, instead, a batch file will be created under "link_dir\log\<job_name>.bat". This batch file can be called in java/.net UI apps (don't know the exact command or systax).

2. exec('cmd','Path of bat file',8) - this kinda command can be used in 'scripts' in DS jobs. In one DS job, say job2, have a script "exec('cmd','link_dir\log\job1.bat',8);" in the script and execute job2, it kick off job1 as instructed by the script in job2. Note: Batch file of "job1" should already be generated/available in mentioned path.

3. Once the batch job is generated, you manually edit the file to add necessary substitution parameters. You can get enough help on the 'batch file parameters' in BOBJ forum - forumtopics.com/busobj, under 'data integrator' link.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, Arun.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajarshi,

Adding to Arun's explanation above, some time .bat files do not execute when you give the path name directly to the install directory.

What i do is copy the bat file and put it under the folder/directory where i am working and give the path name pointing to that.

Hope that helps.

Arun

rajarshi_muhuri
Active Participant
0 Kudos

1. when I export the job from management console , It says exported , but does not tell me where the job was exceuted .

sorry .. I had meant "Exported"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you click export execution command it get stored in the installation directory. In my case the path is C:\Program Files (x86)\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Data Services\log\x.bat.

It would be in the installation directory of your DataServices.

Arun

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

dunncrew
Explorer
0 Kudos

Is there a way to modify an existing job ? Scheduled to run Mon - Fri but now I want it to also run on the weekends.

I do not see a "Change" button.

SebastianBarth
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Gabriel,first you have to deactivate the active scheduling of the job. Then you can change all parameters and reactivate the scheduling. The data services gui is not always intuitive 🙂

dunncrew
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank You !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Helo.

Can anybody explane how to configure batch_job to execute every hour, 365 days/year?

What does "Repeat interval (minutes):" and "Duration (minutes):" means?

Thank you!

Former Member

Stanislav Climovici

What does "Repeat interval (minutes):" and "Duration (minutes):" means?

It is setting up a repeating job with an interval of x minutes for a duration of y minutes. So for example if you create a job to schedule with Repeat interval (2) and Duration(30), the job will be run every 2 minutes for duration of 30 minutes.

Regards,

Raghava