cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Search via Classification----Material Description not displaying

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

At my place we have maintained material with classification, and also user wants to search the material via classification but when we search the material via same, the material description is not getting displayed.

can someone please advice on the same.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Yawar Khan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Change the Layout to bring the Description field. It is there but may not be appearing in your default layout.

Regards,

Martian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for response Martian,

but I am not able to check the Description in the output, though the Description Label is there at the header but the fields are blank in front of the Equipment no.

please help.

Regards,

yawar Khan

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this is very confusing, can you review your question and make it more clearer.

you talked about material search initially and about equiment numbers now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

My issue is that we have maintained all the Engg material with classification.

and my user is searching the material based on the classification(Materials for Class).

and in the output he is getting the Material number. but not able to get the material description.

though in the lay out we have got the Material description field, but in fron ot the different material no's description is blank.

for more clarity can you please check the screen shot.

Regards,

Yawar Khan

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you have a wrong user setting.

After execution of your search, select from menu Extras > User settings

goto tab general settings.

make sure you have a language chosen for which your material has a description.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Thanks for the help but hereby attached are my System settings as you said but still the Description is coming out to be blank.

Please help.

Regards,

Yawar Khan

Message was edited by: yawar khanThanks for the help but hereby attached are my System settings as you said but still the Description is coming out to be blank. Please help. Regards, Yawar Khan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Thanks for the help but hereby attached are my System settings as you said but still the Description is coming out to be blank. 

Please help.

Regards,

Yawar Khan

Message was edited by: yawar khan and all the Descriptions are maintained in English only.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this is then caused by a bug, please apply the note 1532815 to display the descriptions again

Answers (0)