Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outgoing Email Config

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Wanted your opinion on an issue.

There is a scenario where in SAP CRM Email Integration is implemented,  SAPConnect is being used.

1. Customer wants a scenario where when the agents reply to the email, their email ids should show up on responses.

--    I think we can configuration for Outbound email ids in CRM, but this may work only when one has ICI based integration & not SAP Connect ?

Basis should map the outgoing email ids with the SAP user ids probably when SAPConnect is being used. ?

2. There is an understanding that if one server is being for incoming emails, it CANNOT used for multiple outgoing email ids.

I mean say if all incoming emails to agents come in through common inbound id to which end Customers write say Info@abc.com.

The agents reply to these emails, when these emails are sent out & we try to use agents email id ( Agent1@abc.com)

SERVER ABC.COM ( say Outlook or Lotus) CANNOT be USED  is it TRUE ?

3. If Groupware Integration is implemented will it anyhow suffice the above problem ???

Thanks,

V

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Viv,

Will try to give very vague answer - We did not go to agent level anytime but we went to their group level.

Example instance: Say a particular agent group is represented by "Group 1" and they have a particular Outlook group mailbox address - Group1@abc.com

Now if we define a matching ERMS inbound email address - Group1@server.abc.com and enable email forward in Outlook - customers will still keep emailing to Group1@abc.com but through email forward, SAP Connect and ERMS - emails will land in CRM Inbox.

Now I maintain the original outlook group addresses in Outbound email config - so the entries in From column of Email work center will still be the actual outlook addresses and customer never gets to see the Group1@server.abc.com --> Makes sense?

Now you are going a level below to individual agent addresses (as per your scenario) - Do you think the above would work?

Cheers

Jack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jack,

Thank you for help, I have run into a situtaion here.

1. in SU01 I define user email is as USERNAME@server.comp.com.

2. In MS outlook we map username@comp.com & username@server.comp.com.

This means when an email is sent to username@comp.com it is routed with SAP into the inbox of the user username@server.comp.com.

3. Now when user replies, we are not able to set up this mapping at the server. the email is sent out from username@server.comp.com.

--> This step 3 poses a problem because the customer cannot reply to username@server.comp.com as its not www registered domain.

Is it something I am doing wrong or missing here.

Your help will be highly appreciative...as its friday....my brain is drained out...lol

Thanks,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Viv - in configuring outbound emails (Easy Access Home --> Interaction Center --> ERMS --> Define Sender's email addresses) - if you define original user addresses i.e. username@comp.com then the "From" drop down on Email work center will only show those ID's right?

So let's say you pick up one email from the Inbox - go in to it and then hit reply - "To" address will prepopulate with customer's address but "From" email addresses cannot be that username@server.comp.com as we did not define them in "Defining email addresses config"

Am I on the same page in terms of understanding your scenario?

Cheers

Jack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Jack, But again I want to have an ability to choose from Outbound email id defined or my personal id.

I mean that in the 'From' drop-down we should provide the user to choose the Sender's email id.

Either from the outbound sender id group or his.her personal id

Is there a way to get it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Viv - If you have multiple outbound addresses then that should be a selectable drop down for "From".

Please look at my first reply that speaks about maintaining outbound email addresses in ERMS config. Let me know if it helps.

Cheers

Jack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Resolved

Answers (0)