cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RTP materials Purchasing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

New process of RTP is to be introduced to our existing other procurement process. i have few queries on the same.....

1. Can i create PO for RTP material & raw material together (Different schedule lines for same vendor) ?

2. Do i need to activate  Free check box for RTP material?...account assignment is mandatory (need to specify Cost center)

3.Can the RTP material be stored in Warehouse with fixed bin strategy?..any issue during movements?

4. During Material planning do we need to consider RTP also? do we need to add it in the BOM?...any impact on the scenario?

5. we need to ship the packaging matrial to vendor with shipping cost? how to handle this?

kindly revert back with your suggestions.

Regards

Bheema

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bheema,

Please elaborate your new business process. Without knowing the detailed process, it will be difficult to address your queries. RTP materials (pallets, containers, cylinders, etc) belong to a special stock (M) belonging to vendors and not you and hence not valueted. Like consignment you can not transfer RTPs into your own stock. You can not use all movement types for RTP and 101 movement type is not supported with special stock type M, hence it may not be possible to create PO for them bacause while doing GR along with 101 of the purchased material you post a 501M movement type for RTPs.

Explain your business process and forum members will come forward with suggestions.

Regards,

Martian

Answers (0)