Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to add system in HANA Studio

hardik_patel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an issues with connecting HANA database server with HANA studio. My HANA db Server is on amazon and i am able to login on to the server using putty from my windows client but when i tried to add system in HANA studio, i got an error. Please see the images for error.

Thanks for your help.

regards,

Hardik

Putty:

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Few reasons for this error could be:

Reason 1. Your services in HANA instance are not running. From your putty login run the command:

>> ./HDB info

This will list all the services which are running

Reason 2. The version of HANA engine and HANA studio are not compatible. Ideally both server and studio should be the same version.

HANA Engine version can be checked by following command from putty login: ./HDB version

HANA Studio version from Studio-->Help-->About SAP HANA Studio

Option 3: Go to Network connections preferences from the above pop-up you see and try changing Active Provider to Direct or Native and reconnect.

Regards, Rahul

hardik_patel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Thanks for your help. My HANA Database instance was running, I check with the ./HDB info.

for your secong option, I check HANA Dabase version with ./HDB version which is

and my HANA studio version is

I have not check your option 3 but here is what i did: I change the file ./etc/hosts/ ( I need to update IP address to my current instance)

So, now i am able to connect to my HANA database instance from my HANA studio but i have a question for option 2.

As you can see in the picture that both the version are different then How can my HANA studio connect to my HANA Database server?

Regards,

Hardik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hardik,

SAP recommends to have both studio and engine on the same Revision level. Its not necessary that old studio will not work with new engine or vice-versa.

Reason: A HANA release consists of both engine and studio parts and if you do not use the updated studio some Modeler features might not be available. In some cases if studio is very old connection problems have also been seen... and hence the recommendation.

However, good to hear that your issue is resolved, but better to install the new Studio of Rev26 level

Regards,

Rahul

hardik_patel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

I will upgrade my HANA Studio with the latest version.

Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Hardik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also check the whether all the Services are running.

Hope helpful even i faced the same problem and found the problem in services where all the services were not running...

Then manually ran the services which has allowed me to add the system...

Answers (0)