cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Objects Client - Rich Client error on launching

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've attempted to install the Business Objects Client 5 times now and each time I get a successful install but when I launch the Rich Client I am receiving the same error on startup everytime. Can someone please assist.

Below is my stacktrace of the error.

com.sap.webi.client.toolkit.exception.WIException: initContainer failed : java.lang.Exception: CollocatedContainerImpl::init : unexpected exception

at com.sap.webi.client.toolkit.exception.WIExceptionFactory.create(WIExceptionFactory.java:18)

at com.sap.webi.client.toolkit.internal.WebIEngineRCImpl.start(WebIEngineRCImpl.java:105)

at com.sap.webi.client.toolkit.SessionContextManager.startWebiEngine(SessionContextManager.java:206)

at com.sap.webi.client.toolkit.SessionContextManager.createSessionContext(SessionContextManager.java:186)

at com.sap.webi.ui.context.managers.SessionsManager.loginAndGetSessionContext(SessionsManager.java:315)

at com.sap.webi.ui.context.managers.SessionsManager.logOnRepository(SessionsManager.java:221)

at com.sap.webi.ui.context.managers.SessionsManager.initFirstSession(SessionsManager.java:137)

at com.sap.webi.ui.context.managers.SessionsManager.initFirstSession(SessionsManager.java:201)

at com.sap.webi.ui.RichClientMain$InitWorker.doInBackground(RichClientMain.java:253)

at com.sap.webi.ui.RichClientMain$InitWorker.doInBackground(RichClientMain.java:223)

at javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(SwingWorker.java:278)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)

at javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(SwingWorker.java:317)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Caused by: com.businessobjects.cdz_inproc.client.ContainerException: initContainer failed : java.lang.Exception: CollocatedContainerImpl::init : unexpected exception

at com.businessobjects.cdz_inproc.client.CollocatedContainer.init(CollocatedContainer.java:215)

at com.businessobjects.cdz_inproc.client.CollocatedContainer.init(CollocatedContainer.java:124)

at com.sap.webi.client.toolkit.internal.WebIEngineRCImpl.start(WebIEngineRCImpl.java:98)

... 15 more

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Update:

It turns out that the issue was due to my user profile missing some user permissions so during the installation registries and files were not created/copied properly. After contacting our system admin I was able to get him to login to my system and install it under his administrator profile and everything is running smoothly.

Cheers!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Can you share what are the missing user profile and permissions?

I am having the same problem. Please throw some light on me.

Best Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have the same problem too.....

can u said what are missing ??

i cant understand... my user account have administrator rights.....

regards

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

I'm facing the same issue, Could you please send what steps that need to be followed to get it done.

Cheers !!!

Chaitanya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have the same Problem too.....

Will any one explain in detail what actually have to do to correct it.

Regards,

Ahmed