Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to default Tax Code in ME21N ?

former_member287204
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sirs,

I would like to ask a quite urgent question as below -

In a company, Purchasing Info. Record was created automatically after PO Creation and user didn't use OA as source of supply. User would like to input a Tax Code automatically for some of Company Codes during PO Creation. My only solution is to ask user to maintain the Tax Code in Info. Record (with plant specified) after it was created at the first time (so that the Tax Code can be copied from Info. Record to PO in future PO Creation), but user must input Tax Code manually in PO Creation if Info. Record was not ever created for the Material.

My question is that is it possible to set default value in the "Tax Code" for some of the Company Codes (while default value is not required for other Company Codes) when creating PO using transaction ME21N ?

Many Thanks,

KH Fong

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tejyadav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try the BADI for your requirement for (EKPO-MWSKZ), Check with ABAPER,

BADI : ME_TAX_FROM_ADDRESS

former_member287204
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks for your suggetions.

Dear Tej Yadav,

Do you mean I have to ask ABAP Programer to change the table ? Is "EKPO-MWSKZ" a table name and "BADI : ME_TAX_FROM_ADDRESS" a field name ? and Can I access these info. in transaction SE16 ?

Even if it can be changed in the table, is it possible to set the default value for some of the Company Codes (while the default value is not required for other Company Codes) ?

Tks,

KH Fong

tejyadav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No need to change the tables, just ask your ABAPER to apply this BADI & write a code w.r.t. Company code address to pull the default Tax code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi man,

I checked this BAdI and the only changing parameter is CH_TXJCD of type EKPO-TXJCD. How can I change the MWSKZ in this BAdI if it is not in any changing parameter?

Thanks.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Tax Code can be maintained as a default value in the Purchase order,follow the steps:

1. Create a condition table(909) with the Key Combination Plant/COMPANY CODE/Tax Code in t.code:M/03

2. Create an access sequence(ZTAX) in M/07 and assign condition table(909)

3. Create condition type ZTAX ( a copy of MWST) and assign access sequence(ZTAX) in it(M/06).

4. Keep new Condition type ZTAX is maintained in the Pricing Procedure(M/08).

5.Now maintain the Condition Record in t.code;MEK1 with Condition type ZTAX and keep

your Plant/COMPANY CODE/Tax Code.

So when you will create a Purchase Order with combination of company code and plant,then tax code will be defaulted.

Regards,

Biju K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Biju,

Condition records and access sequence is for price determination. I tried your scenario but didnt worked. Are there any other configuration that has to be performed to acheive this.

Regards

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fong,

Go to SPRO-------MM--------LIV------Incomming invoice--------Maintain default values for tax codes.

Here remove the Tax code for your company code if any, then try

ajitkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

tax codes can be defaulted from info records. i don't know whether tax codes can be defaulted at co code level