Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this difficult to get job in sap hcm ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Experts,

I have a simple and difficult question striking in mind is this difficult to get job in sap hcm in this current corporate world?Please let me know about this.I have full of confusion.

11 REPLIES 11

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i have moved ur thread from SAP HCM forum to Career forum

Getting into  SAP depends upon the market and vacancies in the company. it is not difficult to get but it take time to get settled in proper for that it takes time

if your are fresher go with certification that would benefit u much

all the best

0 Kudos

So, for fresher otherthan certification is there any option?and the thing is i dont know actually when am going through all forums in this site even though am practicing am not able to understand some of their questions what will be the problem?am i not practicing well.even in time management i am just confusing about syntax and condition when writing pcr just help me about this please.Am just loosing my confidence that whether i will be able to do or not.

Regards

Rajeshwari

0 Kudos

sure please do let us know where u are gettiing issue

0 Kudos

Rajeshwari,

Do you have a job that requires you to work with SAP already or are you hoping that getting certified will get you a job? Are you a fresher or do you have some experience with HR already? You might want to read Advice for Recent College Graduates (aka "Freshers") to get some background.

It is difficult for a fresher to get a job in SAP unless they were recruited directly out of school. Once you've graduated, the best plan is to get an entry level job at a company that has SAP installed and migrate slowly from end user into the internal SAP Support Group. Paying for certification then applying for jobs when you have no experience rarely works out. We've heard story after story from folks who've gone that route and took over a year to get even a basic opportunity.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

--Tom

0 Kudos

Difficulty and confusion is only in our mind.

If you are perpared to enter SAP HCM , you can do but with a plan .

Thanks

Rajesh

0 Kudos

I have trained myself for SAP HR, what are the important components that are usually asked for in the industry? Apart from Payroll and Time management? And it is said that SAP HR+ABAP has a lot of demand.. Is it true? Is it true that in India Certification is not mandatory? I am still an UnderGrad and want to prepare myself before I graduate so the options are open. Also is Live project a must? 

0 Kudos

Prajaktaa,

You might want to read Advice for Students Interested in a Career in SAP. Also, you'll find good information for your situation in the blogs available at SAP Career Blog Links.

Don't worry about what's "hot" or "marketable". Demand is both geographic and time sensitive. What is hot in one are today may not be hot tomorrow or may not be hot 100 miles away. At the same time, something that is "cold" in your area may be red hot somewhere else. The best thing to do is to study something that genuinely interests you and become as expert as you can in that area. There is always a market for someone who knows any given area of SAP better than anyone else.

Certification is not required anywhere in the world. Certification can certainly be helpful at specific stages in your career, but it's not something you need to worry about in the early stages of your career. You need to focus on getting an internship before you leave your undergraduate degree.

You can certainly get hired directly out of school if your lucky and are one of those folks that is highly recruitable (excellent grades, internships, ets), but if you are an average student, you'll most likely end up getting an entry level business job before you get to work in the SAP field.

If you're a programmer, however, you have a much better chance of being picked up directly into SAP from undergraduate. See How did you get your start in SAP? for examples.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

--Tom

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos
  1. I cleared my SAP HCM certification in December 2012 from their iam looking for job or internship in SAP, i didn't get any job yet no one ready to give job for fresher’s everyone asking for experience if no one give an opportunity how may i get experience. I don’t think certification is the easy way to get a job in SAP. If any of the company ready to hire fresher’s they definitely ask for payments. I already paid 1,78,000/- + 45000/- for my certification and training but its not worth .

0 Kudos

Hi Suneesh,

It is difficult to get good people in HCM as its a little complex module because SAP HR implementation differes from company to company and from region to region due to the nature of business and regulations the company has to follow as well as the financials the company must take into consideration.

Try to establish contacts who hire especially for SAP related jobs and make good contacts with them to understand what are the skills the companies are looking for besides training/certification on HCM. Your continuous search and network connectivity will get you good results.

Good Luck.

Nagarajan Viswanathan

phani_prakash
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Raji,

Here is a solution for your question.

Condition 1: If you are not ready to relocate else where outside your city of residence, the opportunities are less. Either you have to be a certified consultant or have good domain experience and very few companies would like to hire you.

Condition 2: If you are open to relocation, which you should be, till you get at least 1 implementation experience, you have opportunities, move to cities like Pune, Mumbai, Delhi, NCR and Rajasthan, rather than focusing in South India. Be cause of less competition in non-south regions, you will get a breakthrough easily.

Regards,

Phani Prakash