cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(-1101) [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0]TCP Provider: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have recently started to get this error upon logging into a company. This started happening about a week ago, and since then I have had 3 computers giving this error. The first 2 was Windows 7 Pro computers with auto updates switched on. I figured that there were an update that maybe affected the Native client in some way.

After a lot of struggling, I uninstalled the Native Client and downloaded it again from Microsoft, which seems to have solved the issue for the 2 Win 7 machines.

Now I have the same problem on our Server (Not where SQL is installed) which is running SBS 2008. I have downloaded and re-installed the Native Client but to no avail.

Is there anyone out there that might have experienced this before? We have about 14 other Windows 7 machines and XP Machines running without any problems.

Thanks,

Wynand Cilliers.

SQL Server 2008

SBO 8.81 PL07

Error:
(-1101) [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0]TCP Provider: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you may check the solution part of these belows sap note:

1498738  - Dump file creation when connection to SQL server is lost    
Version   1   Validity: 13.08.2010 - active
Language   English 

Content:      Summary    |    Header Data    |    References    |    Validity 

Symptom

The connection is lost while working in SAP Business One application. The root cause may be for example that the quality of the connection is poor or that the connection was forcibly closed.

Application stops responding and shuts down creating a dump file.

Cause

Application error

Solution

SAP intends to provide a patch or patches in order to solve the problem described.
The section Reference to Related Notes below will list the specific patches once they become available.
The corresponding Info file of the patches in SAP Service Marketplace will also show the SAP Note number.
Be aware that these references can only be set at patch release date.
SAP will deliver patches only for selected releases at its own  discretion, based on the business impact and the complexity of the implementation.

Remark:
After the fix the application will not create the dump file. There will be the below error message shown:
"[Microsoft][SQL Native Client]TCP Provider: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host"
Application will be shut down afterwards.

Other terms

DMP, Log, Crash, Exit, Freezing, Wait

Header Data

Released on 17.08.2010 01:33:38   
Release status Released for Customer   
Component SBO-BC-PER-DMP Debugging  tools   
Priority   Correction with high priority   
Category   Program error   

References

This document refers to:

SAP Business One Notes
1507234 Overview Note for SAP Business One 8.8 Patch 15

This document is referenced by:

SAP Business One Notes 
  1507234   Overview Note for SAP Business One 8.8 Patch 15

Validity

Software Component

Version

SAP BUSINESS ONE

Good luck

JimM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi......

This error comes due to the Network Connection ping breaks.

Please be sure that your connection packets should be continuously pinging.......

Regards,

Rahul