Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing with Safari on Windows

charles_gagnon
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Our application uses Crystal Reports for VS2010 SP3.

The printing works correctly with IE, Firefox, Chrome and Safari on Mac but when I try to print a report with Safari on Windows nothing happens.

I have tried with the latest version of Safari and also with Safari 3.1 since it's the only supported version by Crystal as of now and I have the same issue.

Are you aware of this issue or is there a workaround to it?

Thank you.

Charles

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First I hear of this issue. What print mode are you using (PDF or ActiveX?). Which ever print mode you are using, can you try the other one? Export to any format works? What's the OS?

- Ludek

Follow us on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the SAP Idea Place

Share Your Knowledge in SCN Topic Spaces

charles_gagnon
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ludek,

I just tried with ActiveX and I have the same issue. Yes the export works correctly.

I have tested with Windows XP SP2 and Windows 7 SP1.

When I try the print button with Safari on Mac Os X Snow Leopard(10.6.8)  I receive the dialog box "Print to PDF" that tells me that the viewer must export to PDF to print. But with the latest version of Safari on Windows 7(5.1.7)  and using the Web Inspector tool, I was able to see the following error when I called the print button: "Rpt.aspx: -1 Resource interpreted as Document but transferred with MIME type application/pdf."

I'm testing this in a very simple project. Here is how my page is declared and how I call my report.

<%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeBehind="Rpt.aspx.vb" Inherits="WebRptTest._Rpt" %><%@ Register assembly="CrystalDecisions.Web, Version=13.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304" namespace="CrystalDecisions.Web" tagprefix="CR" %>

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

<head runat="server">

</head>

<body>

<form id="form1" runat="server">

<div id="divCrw" runat="server" >

<CR:CrystalReportViewer ID="CrystalViewer" runat="server" AutoDataBind="true"/>

</div>

</form>

</body>

</html>

Here is the VB code behind it.

Public Class _Rpt

Inherits System.Web.UI.Page

Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load
      If Not IsPostBack Then
         Dim objRpt As New CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument

objRpt.Load("c:\temp\test.rpt", CrystalDecisions.Shared.OpenReportMethod.OpenReportByTempCopy)

CrystalViewer.ReportSource = objRpt

Session.Item("ReportSource") = objRpt
      Else
         CrystalViewer.ReportSource = Session.Item("ReportSource")
      End If

End Sub

End Class

Thank you.

Charles

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Charles

I did a bit of testing;

test 1:

CRVS2010 Service Pack 3

Safari 5.0.2

Result on print - AciveX and PDF mode; crash:

test 2:

CRVS2010 Service Pack 3

Safari 5.1.7

Result on print - AciveX and PDF mode; same as you report - nothing happens

I did not test on Safari 3.1 as I could not even find a download of it. Anyhow, I'll discuss the issue here and probably do an escalation for a fix. Just to set expectations; next Service Pack for CRVS2010 is SP4, scheduled for end of June, but it is now closed, so we're looking at SP5, ETA., October +

I'll update this thread once I've been given the go ahead for an escalation.

- Ludek

charles_gagnon
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ludek,

Ok we will wait for SP5, hopefully not too many users are using Safari on Windows.

Thank you.

Answers (0)