cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pivot table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am trying to create a report with a pivot table column. In query definitions when i select a column as Repeating column i always get this error message :

There is no data to pivot into an extended result set.

Is there something else i need to do ? Help is not saying anything on this.

Thank you !

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey!! I am facing the same thing. basically i need to know how to form the second query which uses the chart definition. Were you able to achieve pivoting?

Does anybody have any idea about it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Was anyone able to resolve the above mentioned issue ?

Regards

Praveen

0 Kudos

Hello,
Producing a pivot result set requires two query definitions. The first query definition basically creates a chart that defines the dimensions in the result set. Here you would define the SeriesLabelColumn and the DataLabelColumn. Most likely, you will suppress the chart display as you are only interested in the series and data labels. The first query writes data to a work file that is read by the second query.

The second query allows Sourcing to determine the information that need to be pivoted. It receives the series and data labels from the first query. These columns should be marked as Repeating Columns.

Since there are 2 queries involved and data from the first is consumed by the second query, doing a query preview will not provide useful results. In fact you will get an error “There is no data to pivot into an extended result set” if you try to preview the second query. To preview a pivot result set, you have to add both the query definitions to a report and use the report preview.

I’d suggest looking at the help section under “Query Definition: Producing a Pivot Result Set” which contains more detailed explanation.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Vikram