cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Type A Hierarchical pricing OSS 1600482 issues-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello- We have defined many condition types using hierarchical pricing a/type of A.  If we remove this functionality, this ends up with lots of new condition tables. This was never happened in last 10 years of SAP. I believe this impacts SAP badly and all it's customers.

Did anyone started working on this issue? What are all the approaches you have taken to implement this? Pl guide us with your plans and courses of actions.

Reg

Shan1242

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess I am a very late bird regarding this problem. I just got informed by one of my colleagues yesterday and started looking into this. The OSS note was talking about to disable this functionality in US. I wonder if it will disable only for the US customers? Because our ECC system covers the whole world and the businesses in Asia Pacific are using this function. Does anyone know if it will impact only for the US?

And, do you have any updates how your businesses are handling this matter? I appreciate your feedbacks.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As a result of a pending legal matter in the United States, SAP has developed system changes for certain product versions that disables Hierarchical Access functionality for pricing and pricing-related functionality, including general pricing, rebate calculation, free goods, tax determination, campaign determination, product determination, product substitution, generic "data determination", global trade item number (GTIN) mapping, and commodity pricing. Hierarchical Access differs from a standard access sequence and is characterized by the use of access type with an "A". The use of standard access sequences to access condition records associated with a hierarchy, such as a product hierarchy or customer hierarchy, is not affected by the system change package.

Application of these changes is mandatory for all U.S. customers, all customers with U.S. installations, and all customers with U.S. users. These changes must be applied either manually, by application of the relevant SAP Notes, or via installation of the relevant Support Package. Those Support Packages will be released according to the standard Support Pack deliveries, and a list of those Support Packages is available in SAP Note 1600482. These changes are already included in SAP Business Suite 2011.

A process is in place to assist with questions and remediation. Customers should review SAP Note 1600482 for further information in addition to opening a message in component XX-PROJ-IMS-HA. This initiates the process that is in place to assist customers with their analysis and migration

SAP is working to ensure minimal disruption to its customers. SAP has always enjoyed strong and
productive relationships with our worldwide customer base. We are fully committed to open dialogue with them as a fundamental component of our partnership. That is why we are committed to proactively working with any impacted customers individually. Customer trust is an SAP foundation, as is our commitment to our customers.

Please note that there is a website and an email address to help with any questions you may have.

Q&A information can be found at SAP Service Marketplace:  http://service.sap.com/DHAP

If you have any questions, please send an e-mail to: SAP_HA_Questions@sap.com

0 Kudos

Hello,

Please could you  tell us to whom do we send the bill for doing all this work ?

Rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Once the analysis is completed, customers can reach out to their account executive, who
will arrange a telephone call to discuss the issue.

Thanks

Opening a message in component XX-PROJ-IMS-HA.

Q&A information can be found at SAP Service Marketplace:  http://service.sap.com/DHAP

0 Kudos

Hello,

Regarding this question ;

Please could you  tell us to whom do we send the bill for doing all this work ?

I am speaking about the job to do  all the analysis . If we have a lot of landscapes., it can be a huge amount of work .

Thks & rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Open a message in component XX-PROJ-IMS-HA. This initiates the process that is in place to assist customers with their analysis and migration.

Once the analysis is completed, customers can reach out to their account executive, who
will arrange a telephone call to discuss the issue.

Thanks

Opening a message in component XX-PROJ-IMS-HA.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP has a process in place to assist with questions and
remediation. Customers should review SAP Note 1600482 for further information.
Please note that there is also a website and an email address to help
with any questions you may have.  Q&A information can be found at SAP
Service Marketplace:
http://service.sap.com/DHAP.  Additional
questions should be directed to SAP_HA_Questions@sap.com.

former_member368346
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Can you please specify how I can easily determine if my access type is "A"?  I just got pulled into this same issue, and would like to confirm for all our access sequences whether we'll be impacted.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

SE16N > T682Z table > FSTST field

former_member190545
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Brennan, Go for OSS Note 1601021 and run report FSTST_ACCESS_CHECK. Simplest way to check status of Access Type.

Regards,

Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

IMHO this is absolute no go. The maximum is at 100 new condition tables. With  a hierarchy >6 you´re done.

0 Kudos

I fully agree to Mr. Stadthaus. For us this would be a desaster.

Even though this thread started some time ago, the note seems to be rather new (or newly revised).

Does anybody have further information if there is a chance this might be revised? Or anybody already in discussion with SAP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I completely agree that the 'solution' being proposed by SAP is a no go. At a minimum it will likely result in significant performance problems, but will most likely result in usability issues as well due to the splitting of one condition type into multiple new ones.

We have had a lot of discussions with SAP about this and have made no progress in getting them to come up with a better solution. We are now preparing for a workshop with them where we will jointly test the performance and usability of this solution using production like volumes and prove out whether or not it actually performs. If it does not perform well, as I expect, then I am not sure where these dicussions will go, but we will keep on pushing.

I encourage you to open an OSS message under XX-PROJ-IMS-HA if you have not already done so. The more of us that make SAP aware that this will be a big problem and the more of us pushing them, the greater the likelihood of them coming up with a real solution.

Finally, I think this is extremely poor behavior on SAP's part. I feel that they have just pushed this problem onto us, their customers, and have made no real attempt to resolve the problem. We implemented this standard functionality in good faith because it addressed a real need and now they are just yanking it out of the system without providing an adequate replacement and telling us we have options - either we do it or we will never be able to upgrade our system.

former_member183829
Participant
0 Kudos

I have same situation.

Did you get any Solutions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have implemented OSS notes 1601021 & 1674760 in our sandbox and trying to analyse further on this. With large amount of data business needs to be involved before making any decisions. It takes long time to analyse if you have more H/A. Good luck.