cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is DCT ( data collection tool from technidata) for SPRC How this can be used ?

0 Kudos

Can some one can help or provide document to use DCT, where to download and how to use. Does this require Java Stack?

Thank You,

Gargi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Gargi

this tool seems to be part of the recent SAP Product and REACH Compliance Suite. Refer may be to:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_rc20/helpdata/en/d7/eee18b55db456b938b913c177831b8/content.htm

Check as well here: http://help.sap.com/reach20

If you prepare a inquiry you will find that this tool should help to exchange data regarding the topic of REACh.

The tool it self seems to be able to parse "XML data" to generate EH&S data (import and export).

Therefore please check SAP marketplace; recent version of SAP Product and REACh Compliance Suite.

With best regards

C.B.

0 Kudos

Thank You Christoph, it seems like this only works with Portal or Java Application, Can this be used without Portal I mean just with ECC. I have situation where I need to import XML (Compliance Declaration) in SAP REACH for RoHS.

Thank You

Gargi

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Gargi

SAP Product and Reach Compliance Suite contains several data strutures and uses SAP EHS core to a certain extent. Therefore the data within the XML file is mapped into EHS structures. If you are using only partly SAP Product and Reach Compliance Suite (with out Java Stack) then you have many options to go on.

a.) you can try to parse the XML data to generate a normal EH&S import file (many solutions like that exits on the market)

b.) you can try to use OCC (Open Content Connector) as OCC uses XML data to be imported. Once again you need mapping etc. and you need to prepare the OCC set up etc.

c.) or you can try to prepare user exits starting from cg02 and to import the XML file by your own (in this case you "reprogram" in some sense OCC)

d.) you can use SAP XI/PI interface to SAP ECC (by the way: in SAP Reach and Product compliance there is a IUCLID interface integrated as well; IUCLID files are XML files). Using this approach you load the XML into SAP XI/PI  map to EH&S data structure and pass on to your ECC system an ALE IDOC to be imported using standard SAP EH&S ALE

First of all it is important to understand XML data structure; then you can go on in further analyzing the above mentioned options

With best regards

C.B.

PS: may be check: http://scn.sap.com/thread/1314969

0 Kudos

Thank You very much for your detail explanation. Since XML is not user-friendly format Is it possible to convert XML in XLS  and send to supplier and receive XLS and load to REACH instead of XML or convert to XML.

From my understanding  DCT  able to parse the data in XLS format (I may be wrong ..) and XLS back in to XML - Is there is similar way I can do without having to deployed Java Stack.

SAP REACH 2.0 support XML file import so we may not need to convert in any other format for EH&S import other than XML.

Since the importing is based in REACH via  transaction /TDAG/CPI04  I believe it is not same as importing specification on CG02 via user Exit as this imports updates the task where as data load via CG02 may not do (not sure).

Will OCC would wok without EHS Expert ?

IUCLID I am not sure either since this is a interface ?

Your help is greatly appreciated .

Gari

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Gari

please refer to:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3188135

1.) Since XML is not user-friendly format Is it possible to convert XML in XLS  and send to supplier and receive XLS and load to REACH instead of XML or convert to XML.

EXCEl does have an interface to deal with XML files. I believe you can try this option. But it it is pretty clear that EXCEL will not be able to provide an XML file which can be uploaded (becaue EXCEL does not know the related XML schema) => therefore I believe no suitanle option

2.) From my understanding  DCT  able to parse the data in XLS format (I may be wrong ..) and XLS back in to XML - Is there is similar way I can do without having to deployed Java Stack.

PLease refert o the link above

3.) Since the importing is based in REACH via  transaction /TDAG/CPI04  I believe it is not same as importing specification on CG02 via user Exit as this imports updates the task where as data load via CG02 may not do (not sure).

I believe this functionality has exactly be designed to support this. CG02 standard import: here load files are used which do have different structures in comparison to XML file

4.) Will OCC would wok without EHS Expert ?

OCC and EHS Expert are bundled in one delivery. They can be used independenly. Therefore you need not top prepare EH&S Expert set up

5.) IUCLID I am not sure either since this is a interface ?

IUCLID is the software developped to support the whole REACh process. The SAP Product and Compliance (SPRC) suite support XML structures which are generated by IUCLID. PLease refer to documentation of SPRC

May be these hints help

With best regards

C.B.