cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export report in xlsx with multiple tabs/sheets

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Using CR2011, can I export reports in excel which will have multiple sheets? I checked the forum but none seems answered.

Anyone want to help?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

If you're exporting to .xlsx, then unfortunately Crystal Reports won't create multiple sheets.

The newer version of Excel supports more than 65536 rows on one sheet.

Export to the older version of Excel if you wish to see multiple sheets.

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhilash,

Thanks for the inputs.

Can you share how I can get multiple sheets when exporting to an older version of excel (xls)?

Thank you.

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

If the number of rows in the exported Excel sheet exceeds 65536, the rest automatically goes into a new sheet.

You cannot direct Crystal Reports to export part of the rows in Sheet1 and the rest in Sheet2 or so on...

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a Lot Abhilash.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

palmgrl
Explorer
0 Kudos

We have been successful by writing the Crystal report in XML using "schemas-microsoft-com:office:spreadsheet" in text fields, (you do have to create a new text field when you exceed the characters for each field.  We then export as text using an xls extension.  We can open as excel and our data is on multiple tabs as designed withing the XML.  A pain but a valid workaround.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

It seems that your workaround can help me in my current task. Can you please elaborate a little regarding what/where/how to do the workaround?

Thanks is advance,

Prasanna