cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Understanding of day's supply, 1st RDS and 2nd RDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am little bit confused that how system calculates the days supply and 1st days supply and 2nd day. For example on my material as follows:

I have no stocks for material X, and today is  ,01.06.2012 and then I have put PIR in MD61 as 100 on 11.06.2012. Now when I see this material in MD07 then I can see that my Stck DS, 1st RDS and 2nd RDS all are same as 6. How this come from and how system calculated this as a green light although there is no stock at all on todays' date.

I have taken the simple example so that I can understand this but here also im confused.:)

Please explain.

Regards

Deepak Sharma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Is there any solution to my query? Please help if anybody can explain ina simple way regarding my example.

Thank you very much in advance and appreciate the help!!

Regards

Deepak Sharma

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

1st RDS is considering the firm supply proposals (PO, SFO etc) how many days will the supply last to meet the demand before it becomes -ve.

2nd RDS is considering less firm supply proposals (eg: PR etc) how many days will the supply last to meet the demand before it becomes -ve.

Please Note - 1st RDS  & 2nd RDS is configurable, meaning you can decide what the system should consider & what it should not.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any difference between StkDs and 1st rds? 

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Janice,

Day's Supply is a system calculated field that is telling you how many days cover, or how long the material will last, only taking into consideration current plant stock.

The receipt days supply of a material indicates how many days the stock will last if stock that you are certain to receive is also taken into account.

Please open new thread if you have any further questions.

BR
KK

former_member186193
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Days' supply to determine for how long stocks and receipts will cover your requirements, to avoid product shortages or stock levels that are too high.

Refer the below links:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/f4/7d2cff44af11d182b40000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_em70/helpdata/en/39/24a037f11cff7fe10000009b38f889/content.htm

Regards,

Alok Tiwari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for a reply,

I also know what the meaning of days supply. and I have also gone through the help. but my question was how it calculates. For my given example , can you please elaborate it. That would be easy for me to understand.

Thanks