cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOE on Linux and MOBI on Windows Combination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Currently our SBOP 4.0 SP2 running on Linux. We are planning to implement MOBI for IPAD by installing it on a Windows 2008 as per SAPs recommendation.

So let us suppose that BOE is running on BOX 1 and Tomcat running on BOX 2.Both Linux servers. Now I will be installing BOE4.0 SP2 with only Mobile Components on BOX 3 which is a Windows server. Once done with the installation, as per documentation, we need to copy MobileBIServer.war from c:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Mobile 14\Client\MobileBIService.war and copy it to C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Tomcat6\webapps. So my question is where should I place the MobileBIServer.war? Is it on the BOX 2 which is Tomcat server (running on Linux) or on the same BOX 3 (Mobile Server which is on Windows).

Thanks,

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the one on windows.

p.s.

should wait till SP04 where all mobile is in one war file and no more mobile db or mobile servers...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Denis,

Then do we need two tomcats running ,one on BOX 2 (Linux) & one on BOX 3 (windows) at the same time?

Thanks,

Sandeep

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you do not need that, but it can be usefull.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Denis for your prompt responses.

Regarding your comment " should wait till SP04 where all mobile is in one war file and no more mobile db or mobile servers...", does it mean that we do not need to install MOBI on separate Windows server and all its components are available in LINUX server itself if we install SP 4 on our LINUX BOE ?

Thanks,

Sandeep

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe that you will need to use Tomcat on Windows anyway. Once the Fp3 and SP04 are out and an official PAR documents for them are published we'll know for sure.