cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database error in Web I ( BO 4.0)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

We have migrated universes and web I reports from BO 3.1 environment to BO 4.0 platform. When I try to build these reports from these universes, I get the following result .

Database error: (CS) "COM Provider CLSID not specified or erroneous" . (IES 10901) (WIS 10901)

What could be the issue here?

Do I need to install SQL Server Native Client ??I visited the following link :

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=15748

Among the following three , which one should I install .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

If you are running the reports through BI Launch pad , you need to use 64 bit drivers (sqlncli_x64).

If you running through WRC use 32 bit drivers(sqlncli)

You have a work around also to resolve this issue with out installing the native client.

by modify the oledb.sbo file as following, you can resolve this

Open the oledb.sbo file located in the oledb directory under the connectionServer install directory 

1. Default: $installation dirrectory\SAP Business Objects\SAPBusinessObjects Enterprise 4.x\\win32_x86\dataAccess\connectionServer\
  1. Under the <DataBase Active="Yes" Name="MS SQL Server 2005"> change the following two parameters:  
    • Parameter Provider CLSID change value from SQLNCLI to SQLOLEDB 
    • Parameter Enumerator CLSID change value from SQLNCLI Enumerator to SQLOLEDB Enumerator
  2. Restart SIA for the changes to take effect

Thanks,

Pramod.

hbehrndt
Explorer
0 Kudos

Can you explain why the administrator role does not throw this error, while all other accounts, I have created does give the Oracle error? Can I avoid the error for other accounts than ADMINISTRATOR simply by changing a right in an ACL?

Greetings,

HBEHRNDT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks! 

Upgrading from 3.1 to 4.1 SP5 on OS2012R2.  Solution worked for me, but file and folder have changed.  Note, I had the native drivers (11) installed as part of another test, but still failed.  The following worked because most universe connections were created with "OLEDB" and "MS SQL Server 2005".  We are actually using 2008.

Folder: \Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\dataAccess\connectionServer\oledb

File: sqlsrv.sbo

Under 2008 section (that includes alias for 2005) changed:

<Parameter Name="Provider CLSID">SQLNCLI10</Parameter>

<Parameter Name="Enumerator CLSID">SQLNCLI10 Enumerator</Parameter>

To:

<Parameter Name="Provider CLSID">SQLOLEDB</Parameter>

<Parameter Name="Enumerator CLSID">SQLOLEDB Enumerator</Parameter>

Rob.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes!! Thank you, Rob Trout.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SQL Native Client installation required to resolve this issue.

Thanks.

former_member188911
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually the advices given by Pramod and Zahid are the most fitting to this problem, you must install drivers for both 32 and 64 bit and the connection must be 32 bit for the client tools and 64bit for the server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same problem when migrating documents from

BO Platform 4.0 SP02 --> BO Platform 4.1 SP04.

The same document in BO 4.0 works perfect, but migrated to BO 4.1 environment always declares above mentioned error message.

Does your supposed solution solve the problem?

Thanks a lot

Tomáš

former_member184594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

BO 4.0 is 64 bit platform. I had a lot of issues when I migrated 3.x systems to 4.0 systems. In most cases the solution I came up with is that to install both 32 bit and 64 bit drivers for BO 4.0 systems.

In your case, you are most likely have SQL connections through OLEDB, you will be installing 64 bit driver in that case. I remember that you are not allowed to install 32 bit driver for MS SQL OLEDB on a 64 bit platform.

If you have connections to other databases just keep in mind to install both drivers and create 32 bit ODBC and 64 bit ODBC connection with the same name.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zahid,

Do you know of any official OSS note that SAP has recommending this solution? I am facing the same problem.

Appreciate the feedback my friend.

Cheers,

Sagar.

former_member184594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check SAP Notes 1561754, 1396736, and 1578731