cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2012 availability

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to know if there is any roadmap regarding the availability of SAP Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2012.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good question. I'll ping Program Managers, see what tey say...

- Ludek

Follow us on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the SAP Idea Place

Share Your Knowledge in SCN Topic Spaces

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also upgrading apps from vs2010 to vs2012 and development computer OS from windows 7 to windows 8 so the availability of SAP Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2012 and fully supporting windows 8 would be great right about now.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP Crystal Reports, developer version for Microsoft Visual Studio - 2012 Now Available for Download

- Ludek

Follow us on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the SAP Idea Place

Share Your Knowledge in SCN Topic Spaces

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ludek!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any further update on this?

We, too, really need to be able to use Visual Studio 2012 but cannot upgrade due to the non-availability of the crystal reports package allowing us to use our reports developed in crystal for earlier versions of .net within visual studio 2012?

Are there now 'beta' releases available of this new package?

No timelines whatsoever?

It may be time to start thinking of changing to SSRS reporting if Crystal is going to be so far behind new releases of visual studio.

Thanks...

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to the Overview Tab, see this:

SAP Crystal Reports, developer version for Microsoft Visual Studio - 2012 Support Update

The document was updated about 4 weeks ago. Sorry, no changes since then.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos
former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

According to a PM, road map should be available in the "next few weeks"...

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek

Any news on roadmap for visual studio 2012 runtime support?

Thanks

Keith

Former Member
0 Kudos

I echo Keith's question. Now that Visual Studio 2012 has been released, what's the roadmap for availability of Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2012? My company is investigating when to move from Visual Studio 2010 to 2012, and availability of CR for VS2012 is a vital part of that process.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It would be appreciated if someone could shed further light on this subject.

As with Jeff, CR is an important factor in the upgrade process to VS2012 for us as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just formatted my PC and started fresh with Windows 8 and VS2012 so would be great to know when CR will be available to save me also having to install VS2010.

Any kind of official indication would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Unfortunately we can’t say specifically when we will support it until the date has been finalized, and I do assume we are working on it. And yes we are also working on fully supporting windows 8 and again no details, just assuming.

Sorry we can't be more specific at this time....

Check the Overview tab above for updates...

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

. . . Disregard.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How can I use my report designed in Crystall Report 2011, in project which in build in Framework 4.0, but I open with Visual Studio 2012.

I have search in forums, that crystal report is not yet developed for VS2012.

My question is how to use my reports and to re-design them in Visual Studio 2012, but using Framework 4.0.

Best regards,

Gezimi

0 Kudos

You can't. You can use the runtime but installing won't integrate into the IDE. Any problems with the runtime though and nothing we can do until Service Pack 5 is officially released.

For now all I can suggest is you download the trial verion of CR 2011 and install it onto a VM-ware image, you'll have a month to use it then the keycode will expire.

Don