Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to trigger warranty at Product Level

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have maintained warranty assignment under transaction code commpr01, however now when I am creating my service order and entering my product in the Web Ui screen under product id the warranty id is not getting triggered is there any configuration which I need to maintain further.

Kind Regards

Atul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Atul,

Can you attach 2 screens - One showing how you have maintained the warranty at product level in commpr01 and the second one showing Web ui screen where you are entering this product in service order?

Thanks,

Yatin

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yatin,

I am attaching the two screens as requested by you. The first one is for commpr01, Material is HT-1010.

The second screen is of the Web Ui where I am entering the product. I am attaching two screen shots of this one where I have entered the product the one is at the product level as shown below the second one is just below the component of the install base in neither case the warranty is getting triggered.

Kind Regards

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Atul,

Warranty check in transaction is performed using either of following sequence (screen below)

1. First Reference object, then complaints item.

2. First complaints item, then reference object.

Hence when you create a Service order the warranty is checked for the reference object (i.e warranty maintained against the Installed base component or Individual objects or Products as relationship i.e transaction IB52). Usually there are no complaint items in service order. Warranty check does not check for warranty which is maintianed against the product in COMMPR01 in case of service orders.

1. With ref to your WebUI screenshot 1 above.

Since you are maintaining the product as a line item in service order, it wont check for warranties as the warranty check would check for warranties maintained against the reference object.(i.e warranty maintained against the Installed base component or Individual objects or Products as relationship i.e transaction IB52).

2. With ref to your WebUI screenshot 2 above.

When you define the warranty for product within the installed base, it is defined as a component relationship. Hence you have to enter the combination of component and product in service header for warranty to be trigerred.

To test how warranty determination works for a product where warranty is maintained in COMMPR01, do the following

1. Assign same warranty check profile to your complaint transaction type.

2. Ceate a complaint and enter the product (for which warranty is defined in commpr01) as an item.

3. You will see that the warranty is determined at the Item level. This is one which was assigned to the product in COMMPR01.

In other words, for warranty determination in service order, you will have to maintain the warranty at the reference object level (Installed base component, product or Ind object level - Trx :- IB52)

Thanks,

Yatin

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yatin,

Would like to thank you for your detailed explaination really helpful, I have some queries with regards to equipments hence thought of asking you.

1)   I have a requirement where based on the serial number profile which the customer quotes the company wants to track the warranties in case of any defects of the products which are sold.

2) I am assuming that the product needs to be replicated as equipments, Can I create an equipment in CRM or this needs to be replicated from the PM Module? also is there any transaction code in CRM through which I can find the equipments which are replicated or created as standalone in CRM

3) In the Install base in IB52 under indivdual object the equipment gets triggered? is the number of the equipment the serial number? normally the number would be the material number which is assigned to it.

4) Everytime if a new equipment gets created then everytime do I need to create a new warranty material and assign the same to it?

Do i need to assign the warranty profile at item category level for compliant item  since the warranty profile check is not present at the transaction type which is at the header level for transaction crmc?

Kind Regards

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Atul,

Equipments in R/3 are replicated in CRM as Individual Objects. Equipment ID in R/3 is equal to Individual object ID in CRM. In case you do not want to replicate the equipments from R/3, in CRM you can represent equipment as Individual objects only. There is no other way you can represent equipment in CRM. So you can serach all your equipments in CRM in transaction IB53 (Object ID = Equipment ID (R/3)).

When you goto components Detail for the Individual object (i.e R/3 Equipment), you can see the R/3 Serial no and material under R/3 Identification settype. These details are automatically transferred during equipment download from R/3 to CRM. Same is the case with Warranty. If Warranty is maintained for the quipment in R/3, it can be brought down in CRM automatically (may require some enhancements to middleware).

For complaints transaction "CRMC", warranty profile can be maintained at header level (see screen below)

Thanks,

Yatin

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yatin,

Thanks for the reply again appreciate your sharing of the same, had few queries,

1) If I am replicating the equipment from R3 to CRM can I have the number range same for the serial number and equipment as same?

2) Assuming if I first replicate the equipments created in ECC into CRM, then I would be creating the install base with the customer later is it okay, or it should be created at the same time?

3) When I am replicating my materials from ECC to CRM the same can be viewed in CRM in commpro01 is there any transaction code where I can view the equipments which I have downloaded.

Kind Regards

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Atul,

1. By default, the equipment and serial no are replicated as is (i.e same no) from ERP to CRM. No special setting is required.

2. It is OK if you structure your installed base after the equipments are downloaded  from ERP to CRM.

3. Equipments from ERP are downloaded as Ind Objects in CRM. Hence they can be viewed in IB53 where Object ID = Equipment ID

Please also go through below link for Equipment data download from ERP. It will also answer your question which you had regarding automatic download of equipment warranty data from ERP to CRM

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm700_ehp02/helpdata/en/c8/81019f46894b5fb841a373a5639ed4/frameset.htm

Thanks,

Yatin

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prajit,

I understand when you say that the equipment and the serial number will have the same no as in ERP, my question is can I have the same number from them in my PM Module itself say

Equipment: the number range starts from              1000000 1999999999

Serial Number also the number range starts from  1000000 1999999999

Kind Regards

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Atul,

I am not very conversant with the ECC PM configs. However i got a link as below which says that it should be possible to have same no for euipment and serial no in ECC.

http://www.sapfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=282033

Thanks,

Yatin

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yatin,

Thanks for the reply, will surely go through the same, I am having a few issues with my categorization which are Category1, Catgeory 2, Category 3 and Category 4 in my service order, I have raised another query below, request your help to resolve the same.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3184033

Kind Regards

Atul

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yatin,

I had another quick question, everytime my equipment gets replicated from ECC to CRM, it would not be possibe to create and assign a manual warranty product in CRM, is there any way through which the warranty can get linked automatically to the product without assigning the warranty material in ibase.

Kind Regards

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Atul,

I would suggest you two things here.

1. Start transaction R3AC1 and ensure that, for the business adapter object EQUIPMENT, the source table BGMKOBJ is not set toInactive.

2. Considering that you have created the wrranty products in CRM, can you ask your technical resource to check BADI CRM_EQUI_LOAD . This BADI is the one which can be used to influence the object data creation in CRM from ECC equipments.

Thanks,

Yatin

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yatin,

1) Thanks for the quick reply, I would be involving my technical team as well however can you also let me know which transaction code can I check the source table BGMKOBJ

2) Also as per your point no 2, I would be creating the warranty material manually in CRM however the warranty assignment of the material  in ibase to the individual object level would be done automatically through the BADI (CRM_EQUI_LOAD), Hence do I need to create only one warranty material in commpr01 and everytime an equipment is created in ECC then the same material would get assigned however the warranty start and end dates would keep changing based on the warranty start and end date which is maintained in the equipment. I am a little confused hence if you could throw some light on the same it would be great.

3) I found one post which says that If a customer/vendor warranty start and end date is entered in SAP ERP for a piece of equipment, SAP CRM checks for a corresponding customer/vendor warranty in the SAP CRM system when the equipment is downloaded. If a warranty template exists for the sales area and reference product of the equipment in SAP CRM, this is automatically copied to the Warranties assignment block of the object. The warranty validity dates in this block are copied from SAP ERP-

I could not understand this part which says that If a warranty template exists for the sales area

Kind Regards

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Atul,

1. You can check that table in ECC in transaction se16. You will see that the table stores the warranty related data for the equipments. However the table does not have the warranty product field as we do not maintain that in ECC.

2. CRM_EQUI_LOAD is the BADI which influences the equipment data download from ECC. This is just a suggestion, i have not tried it.

i> You create Warranty Products in CRM e.g WTY_1YR , WTY_2YR etc

ii> The implementation for the above BADI should check the start date and end date of warranty when bringing the equipment from ECC to CRM. Depending on whether the difference in start date and end date is 1 yr or 2 yr, it should set the relavnant warranty product in CRM against the objects.

3. I am not aware of this setting and did not get any references.

Thanks,

Yatin

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yatin,

Thanks for the reply will get back to you once the development is over. However thanks a lot for all the replies appreciate the same. Please let me know if you have worked on categorization schema in the crm service order

Kind Regards

Atul

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member200342
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to assign a warranty check profile to the service order transaction type under service business transaction --->customizing header in order to determine the warranty.

Making this settings will determine a valid warranty in the service order.

regards,

PP

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prajit,

I have done the same and checked in my transaction type as well, is there any other configuration you think I need to perform.

Kind Regards

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

let me know except accounting indicators setting what conditions and access seq setting u have done?

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I have not made either of them could you explain the same step by step with configs and also let me know how does this impact warranty for a product created in commpr01 tcode.

Kind Regards

Atul